Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Default OBD II Splitter

I've seen that these exist. Considering getting a remote start system for my truck, would want a splitter so i can keep my Edge (soon to be Grypon in about 36 hours) display up and run the remote start at the same time. Any possible problems that could arise? Let me know y'alls thoughts! Thanks!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Thu, February 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Heeeeeere's Johnny....

http://www.obd2cables.com/products/c...cable-1ft.html

These things are SWEET! and the price is right at $15.95!

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, February 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Warranty Voider

SWEET! Thanks Bill!

And before everyone calls me a wuss thinking I live in South Georgia and want a remote start to warm up my truck in "winter" I actually want a remote start so I can hear my truck fire up from outside the cab
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Double Whopper

RGSMDNR is on a distinguished road

I dont understand why you need a splitter to run the gryphon while using a remote start??
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Bacon King

Sburn will become famous soon enoughSburn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGSMDNR View Post
I dont understand why you need a splitter to run the gryphon while using a remote start??
I believe remote start systems plug into the data port to "fake" the engine computer into thinking there's a key in the ingition switch.

Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Double Whopper

RGSMDNR is on a distinguished road

Thats odd.. I used to install these for living and never saw that before.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
addicted

kokopellimotorsports is on a distinguished road

Interesting. I want remote start for my truck.

Tuning is addicting. Lol.
Old Wed, February 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Based on what Billy explained to me, I'm pretty sure you COULD also have a remote start. Of course, that would be assuming that I completely understood what the man told me. He's napping for a few hours -- supposed to get him up about midnight to work or I'd ask him. He hasn't had much time to jump on here, but I'll try to get the answer.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, February 12th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Warranty Voider

I talked to a local place here in town that installs these, they said there's 3 kind, one that's hard wired in, one that's a "key in the box" where you actually have to have a key mounted way up in your dash for it to start, and then the kind that plugs into the OBD II port.

The OBD II port remote start is the "cheaper" more of a do it yourself kind of deal. I'm sure I could install any of them, but don't want to have to dig up any more jars of money from the back yard than necessary.