Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Whopper Junior

crowsnest is on a distinguished road
Default e85

hey whats up? I have a couple ?'s about flex fuel engines. Are they ok to program or will i have to change to regular octane? Will a custom tune work with blended gas, or will I have to run straight E 85 or 87? Will there be more performance because of the higher octane levels? Also how far behind are you on your tuning (just a guess on how long it would take to get, would be fine)? thanks
Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Whopper

dnkrm is on a distinguished road

I have some similar questions and hopefully some answers. Most ethanol blends will be 10%. They are usually 89 octane and are labeled as a 10% blend. More and more there are blends from 87 to 91 octane with the 10% blend but I have not seen as many of those here in Nebraska. The E85 that you mentioned is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. But this is only in the summer, in the winter the blend can change to 70% or 75% ethanol and 30% or 25% gasoline. This is where my questions start. Has there been any tunes for E85? I just bought my 06 flex fuel F150 and am looking to run E85 this summer when I know for sure the blend is 85%. If I run the gryphon how does it work with the flex fuel system that comes in the truck? Can I have a custom tune for 89 octane 10% fuel, and one for E85 and switch between the two depending on what I fill up with? thanks
Old Sat, February 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Flex fuel vehicles can be programmed and you can have tunes written for the E85 blend. I imagine, but Bill would know, that there's not much difference between E85 and E75. You should probably have a different tune for E10 (which is really pretty much the "standard" form of gas now.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer