Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, February 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I'll make sure Bill pops in here when he gets up. He took a three hour nap and then got up at midnight to work on files. THEN he took Liam out to breakfast before going to sleep.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Fri, February 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintips_17 View Post
Kind of the opposite. The engine is breaking me significantly. I have used jake brakes in the past and it feels real similar to that. It only lasts a couple of seconds then it goes right back to normal. Im guna drive it a bit more today and hopefully i will be able to update.
This is confusing! It sounds like your torque converter is unlocked before you release the accelerator and then it locks! This is really the only way you'd get significant engine braking in my opinion and the only way you'd get a noticeable "lurch". It seems exactly opposite to what I observe on my truck.

- Jack
Old Fri, February 20th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Let the Mud come!!!

twintips_17 is on a distinguished road

Well......

I just drove my truck again and i didn't notice it at all. I have put about 55 miles on my truck since i reprogrammed it back to stock.

I have chocked it up to relearning.

I hope i am right......

SUPERcrew
AF1, EDGE, and EFANS with Magnaflow Exhast SISO.
Expy Console and Rear Seat Swap! Eagle 16's with 285-75/16 ST's
Gryphon Tuner soon to have custom tunes by PHP!