Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun, April 5th, 2009, 09:55 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Well It seems my Excursion has the EBM3 code and according to Bill's Chart at Dieselstop it says the folllowing
2001 EBM3 1L119Y0B11 DPC-452 1C3F-XD 7.3L EXCURSION DIESEL - AUTOMATIC 50S VRAA7Y6

I am not sure what to make of this info so if anyone wants to enlighten me that would be great.

EBM3 is the "box code". DPC-452 is your PCM hardware code. 50S simply means it's legal for a California calibration (49S would mean NOT California). VRAA7Y6 is the "hex code". VRAA7 is the MDF you will need to tune it.

Is this a good PCM or do I need to find a better option (truck in sig).. what will or won't work for stock files.

There shouldn't be an issue with the PCM code you have. I don't have any experience with the Excursion PCMs but I will take a stab at it and say that it's comparable to the truck PMT2/3 box code due to the "VRAA7" hex code.

I'm also waiting for a reply from Bill, hopefully this weekend so I can get the Minotaur software running and chip installed I think I need the MDF or RTD files still... I don't see any way to get any of the graphs to show with all the paramaters so I guess I am not quite 100% setup yet...
Thanks
DJ

As far as the graphs go, you won't get them in "parameters"...you'll only get numerical data. "Maps" will give you linear and 3D views. "Functions" will give you linear views.

See red text.