Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

2003 to 2007 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue, July 19th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Double Whopper

superdutynick is on a distinguished road
Default Blown CAC Hose

Anyone blown a hole in the CAC hose cold (drivers side). I have a 2005 6.0PSD with 50k miles. I installed the CTS last Friday and was running the 80 HP performance stock tune (while waiting for my custom tunes ). It was running good up until I blew the hose. I was on my way home from work today when it happened... I was running around 70 in the left lane and wanted to get in front of some people in the right lane before I had to turn off (didn't want to be behind them on the county road). I hammered it... started accelerating... heard a loud pop and hissing and lost power. Freaked me out! I turned off to the side road kept checking everything (gauges, lights, signs of leaking fluids behind me) decided to take it easy and try and make it home about 4 miles. On the drive home I had diagnosed it as turbo related since everything seemed ok except for when the boost got above 6psi. I found a hole under the air cleaner in between the corrugations about 3 inches from the cooler. I am thinking it was probably a weak spot that was bound to happen sooner or later... the extra power just maybe expedited it. Any thoughts? I have read a lot about the hoses blowing off… just not blowing a hole. BTW I found one and ordered it; should be here Thursday… maybe I will have the custom tunes too!