Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Wed, October 6th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

When you decide you want to go EFI, hollar at me, I can help save ya a ton of money, and give ya one hell of a education

430 is a lot of power, lighten it up, and depending on the altitude, it should go low 12's high 11's.. Spray a 200 shot on top of that, then wonder how to make it hook

My 98 is running 11:5.1, believe it or not, boost and compression love each other, it's just all in the tune and the fuel you run. My buddy running the 555, his is at 13:0.1.. The 98, you have to spin it pretty high, I shift it at 8K. The 79, I shift at 5500, makes max TQ at 4800. Thats the difference between a turbo and a blower, turbo makes it all down load, a blower it's up high. I'm at full boost ( 14 PSI ) on the 302 at 2200 RPM, the 4.6 ( stroked to a 5.0 ) doesnt even make 2 PSI down that low.. I have plans to build a 351W based, 427, for the 79. I'm running a stock block right now. That combo is a ticking time bomb, cant believe stock components can take that kind of abuse. I have a feeling that the 15th something will go BOOM. I'm going out of town for a race, on a very good track, typically has 800 ft A/D, so it has awesome air.. Last yr I broke there too, the runs before it broke, the car pointed itself to the wall at half track every time. I've got more power this yr, more tire, so yeah, something is gonna go.

Sorry for the hijack Fifity, we're just BS'in while we wait and see if you picked that car up or not
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...
Old Thu, October 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

Yes pics of the new ride. We have a low D/A here. I know of other full weight cars making less power consistantly in the 11s. I am gonna be a little tricky with my spray. I am gutting a radio with a flip down face and putting my progressive controler in there to hide it.
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Mon, October 11th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Our air density is typically 5600 on a good day.. It's horrible.. The track I'm going to this weekend typically has 800 air density.. To us around here, that track is very fast. I havn't been able to get a good time in this car for the past 2 yrs. It weights 2700 LBS, and that kind of power output, it should easily be in the high 9's, but it's not even close.. The turd loves blowing the tires off at the 1/8th and pointing you towards the wall. I normally end up letting out around 4K RPM in 3rd gear and coasting the rest of the way, best time doing that has been a 11.6 @ 132 The car tried to kill "us" last time I went to this other track, hopefully all the money I put into the suspension will help out, but my tune is horrible right now due to so many engine changes and only ran it twice this yr.

Ya know a great place to hide electronics? If you pull the HVAC box out, make a platform that sits right under the dash. Carpet it to match the interior. Ya open the glove box, and you have full access to everything. That's where my ignition system, EFI computer, W/B, all of my relays and basicly everything else is. Makes for a really nice setup. The part that sucks is pulling the HVAC box, I wanted to keep all that stuff in my 79, I was even going to put A/C back in it. But after all the turbo stuff, there just flat wasnt room to run any of it, so the box came out.
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...
Closed Thread