Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Double Whopper

axlehead is on a distinguished road
Default Tune Question

Ok so I hooked up my gryphon to pegasus to update the splash screen, and accidently clicked targeted functions. It seemed to pull a tune and install it, however I never got an email about it being done. I recall corey saying I may have gotten someone elses order so I was wondering if there was anyway to confirm this. Also when it was done updating the gryphon screen has stayed on Connecting to Bridge Please Wait for the past 30 minutes.
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
As far as the connecting to bridge you are safe to unplug it.

Now as far as getting a different tune? I don't know how that could be verified with out calling php or plugging it in and possibly getting an error cause the hex codes don't match.

And of course I don't see your sn in the done notice for tunes.

I think I would call php.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Double Whopper

well my question was answered. I loaded the tune and damn did it wake my truck up! I think I will bump up the shift firmness as I like more agressive shifts, but otherwise AWESOME!
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Axlehead - Two things would have had to happen for you to get someone else's tunes and have them work.
1. Somehow, the other guy's tune would have had to be tagged with your Serial Number, and

2. You and the other guy would have to have matching HEX codes - Not very likely at all.
You got YOUR tunes, and, I'm glad you like them.

In case someone else reads this post in the future, some (all?) of the earlier model year units display "connecting to Bridge..." after the tune is loaded. It's kind of a "bug" and you can simply disconnect the Gryphon from your PC and install it in your truck.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 05:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad it worked out for you!

Enjoy the tunes!

Lars

Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Axlehead - Two things would have had to happen for you to get someone else's tunes and have them work.
1. Somehow, the other guy's tune would have had to be tagged with your Serial Number, and

2. You and the other guy would have to have matching HEX codes - Not very likely at all.
You got YOUR tunes, and, I'm glad you like them.

In case someone else reads this post in the future, some (all?) of the earlier model year units display "connecting to Bridge..." after the tune is loaded. It's kind of a "bug" and you can simply disconnect the Gryphon from your PC and install it in your truck.

- Jack
You are right on both your points Jack!
But all of us at php have seen strange things happen?

Lars

Old Tue, July 28th, 2009, 08:41 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
You are right on both your points Jack!
But all of us at php have seen strange things happen?

Lars
Yep - They DO, don't they?

- Jack
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 12:19 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Sean,

Your tunes were completed last week and Corey had sent you an e-mail... which you obviously didn't get. Not a bleeping surprise there. I am so #@C$!%& sick of the unreliability of e-mail I can't stand it.

In any event, enjoy your tunes and let me know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Double Whopper

thanks so much Bill. The tune is great. Like I said the only thing I did was bump up shift firmness a bit. If the 87 tune can do that I am a little tempted by the higher octane tune. By the way I was wondering when you might get around to fixing that issue with clearing the average mpg's. I am just a little uncomfortable unplugging the gryphon everytime I fill up. Don't want break something you know? Thanks again for the tune!
Old Wed, July 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by axlehead View Post
thanks so much Bill. The tune is great. Like I said the only thing I did was bump up shift firmness a bit. If the 87 tune can do that I am a little tempted by the higher octane tune. By the way I was wondering when you might get around to fixing that issue with clearing the average mpg's. I am just a little uncomfortable unplugging the gryphon everytime I fill up. Don't want break something you know? Thanks again for the tune!
Push enter 2 times.

Lars