Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed, February 29th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Double Whopper

A/Ox4 is on a distinguished road
Default Sleek, factory looking TS Chip install....

My biggest problem with the TS Chip before purchase was that I didnt like how I had seen it mounted. It just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb in the dash. People called me crazy, but I wanted a sleek factory look.

I used my thinker today, and found it a home.

Delete plug from cigarette lighter from rear of 08 console... (I have a 12v for it that I bought a few weeks ago. Now I can install it)

Plug test fit in front seat cigarette lighter. Perfect.

Final product...

It looks great, fits great, feels great! It is within comfortable arm reach, and best of all, outside the view of pesky SMOG techs

I had to trim about 1/4 inch of the black sleeve off of the dial so enough threads would fit past the surface of the delete plug. The OD of the plug and the OD of the sleeve were exactly the same. No biggie.

Oh, and just be careful about the little selector locking ring. Apparently the switch is like a 13 position dial or something, but this ring locks it at 6 (or where ever you set it.) I didnt want to find out if I tried to start in position 10 so I put the ring back

Phoenix 6pos (Stock, 65dd, Whisper, 100p, 120r, 80t), 6637 Intake, RR-IC Boots, DeFoiled, 08 Tail Lights, MBRP TB 4" w/ muffler, Firestone load bags, 05+ Tow mirrors, Custom Flag Mount

My Superduty videos