Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, November 18th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Double Whopper

RevoErick is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 5.4l 3v Spark Plugs

I saw some info on here at one time but I can't find it now. Can someone help? I looking to change out my plugs and was wondering if I should have any trouble with removal due to the original Ford design. The engine date code reads 1-29-08 Ontario Canada. Plug removal is only a problem if I need the special tools if one breaks. Advise needed and appreciated. Thanks
Old Fri, November 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Look at the cop boots.......brown is good they're the new design heads.....

Black cop boots are the the style where the heat shield sticks in the head....

Pic of brown cop boot

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Double Whopper

Thanks 88! Now if mine were only that clean so I could look in and tell the difference easily. However, Ford did not think it necessary for a light under the hood on mine and the flashlight is at the house. I guess I will find out later.
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoErick View Post
Thanks 88! Now if mine were only that clean so I could look in and tell the difference easily. However, Ford did not think it necessary for a light under the hood on mine and the flashlight is at the house. I guess I will find out later.
Having a light under the hood was never a bad idea.....at least you could identify what's wrong and save the flashlight step until the problem needed to be pinpointed

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, November 21st, 2011, 11:41 PM
Whopper Junior

striptree is on a distinguished road

Ford dealer charged me $600 to change my plugs on my 2004 with 65,000 miles on it, 3 of them broke, as well as charging me $1500 to replace the cam phasers that they talked me out of replacing when the truck was under warranty. My 2007 F550 with 16,000 miles just had to have the motor yanked out for headgaskets, egr and oil coolers. still under warranty but still had to pay around $2500 for aftermarket parts so it would fail in another 16,000. Not lovin my fords right now.
Old Tue, November 22nd, 2011, 03:32 AM
Double Whopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Having a light under the hood was never a bad idea.....at least you could identify what's wrong and save the flashlight step until the problem needed to be pinpointed
Noticed it wasn't there when I went to perform the first oil change. I called my dealer who said call Fords Customer Service. FCS actually told me it was left off intentionaly as it was not needed but they would take my complaint into future consideration. Been a Ford man all my life but they are not making it easy anymore.