Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford - All Other Vehicles > 1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles

1973 to 1985 Carburated Vehicles Emissions laden vehicles, but still simple enough to work on and we still love 'em!

Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Member in Sin

SinCityFX4 is on a distinguished road
Default Miss my 85 Bronco and F150

You know, I was sitting here the other day looking through my pics of old camping trips and saw the one of my 85's. I had the 85 bronco that came with the Holly 4b, that we "upgraded" to a 950 That thing was a monster and ate blazers for breakfast, especially off road. Heck, that and my F150 pulled more Chevy's and yotas out of bad places than I can remember. I would be sitting there looking at mu buddies like :flipoff:

And then the 85 F-150 w/ a friggin 351 Cleveland in it. Those were just fun trucks and so much simpler for "me" to modify.

Anyways, little nostalgic moment for me.

Sorry, back to reality.
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

I really miss the old Cleveland engines. Heavy as a mother****er but man did they ever run!

My 76 F-250 had a 390 in it and I still think FE blocks rule. My dad had a 77 F-250 with a 300 & 4spd sitting on 44's. We put a really nice set of headers and a Clifford 4bbl intake on it and it would absolutely roast the tires. Talk about a torquey SOB!

Yep... don't make 'em like they used to.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Member in Sin

Yeah, that was a great engine and a great truck, until a light pole jumped out in front of me. Hit that pole doing 40+ sideways in the rain and it bent the hell out of the frame (had a 1.5" thick steel plate bolted in the bed to the frame) but we still drove it out of the tow yard. Was a funny view from behind, the tail was here and the cab was like 1' or 2' to the left.:omg:
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 10:09 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
I really miss the old Cleveland engines. Heavy as a mother****er but man did they ever run!

My 76 F-250 had a 390 in it and I still think FE blocks rule. My dad had a 77 F-250 with a 300 & 4spd sitting on 44's. We put a really nice set of headers and a Clifford 4bbl intake on it and it would absolutely roast the tires. Talk about a torquey SOB!

Yep... don't make 'em like they used to.
i had the same truck Bill, 76 f250 4x2 with the 390 and 4 speed manual....it was fast. unfortunately, the tranny buggered up and got locked in 2nd...had to drive 115 miles home in 2nd....THAT was fun i suppose it coulda been worse.....1st or reverse
Old Thu, January 29th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Back in my younger "hoodlum" days, me and some friends would go out in our buddy's 63 Galaxie and go "Garbage Can Hunting". For those who don't know what this is, you drive around on garbage night looking for the biggest line of garbage cans you can find and as you're blowing by at 30 MPH you swing the door open while 2 or 3 big dudes hold it there and plow the cans. Record? 9 cans in one shot. (Almost dislocated a shoulder in the process!) Okay... not one of my finest childhood moments, but at least we weren't doing drugs or knocking off ATMs.

Anyway, we were out one night about 4 miles from my buddy's house when the transmission went out and lost all forward gears. We had to drive home in reverse which I assure you was a hair raising experience. It wasn't bad until we had to cross two major highways! Fortunately, it was late enough at night that there was very little traffic. I can't even imagine trying to explain to the cops why we were crossing 6 lanes of traffic in reverse. It took almost 90 minutes to get home and the car never moved again after that.

Fun days...

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, January 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Member in Sin

garbage can hunting!! YES!!!

The less hostile version of Mailbox baseball
Old Wed, March 11th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I think Billy was driving a Bronco when we first started dating. Whatever vehicle it was... he had all the interior panels removed -- and the header, too, I think! -- and I STILL went out with him!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Thu, March 12th, 2009, 03:15 AM

Not a Bronco, but a Jimmy. Had two front seats, JVC CD player and EQ, 3 amps and a dual 15" "Folded Horn" sub in the back. No carpet. No headliner. No side panels. No console. No back seat. Just room for two and a lot of LOUD!

Don't know what Corey was thinking when she dated me.

(678) 890-1110