Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, November 10th, 2021, 07:01 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

Powerstroke Cowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Corrected File.

Keep in mind... Much has changed in the last 10 years. With the release of the Hydra chip, we've switched everything over to the 256K format. It's easier to deal with and the files are handled in a logical addressing and bank format that is similar to the structure of the PCM. The old TS chips used a 224K format and bank structure that really wasn't the best approach.

This attached file will only work with the appropriate 256K definitions. If you're using the 224K-based definition, the file will load into the software and the emulator, but the visual representations in the software (Maps, Parameters, Functions...) are going to be jacked up due to the addressing difference between the formats. This means you won't be able to actually live tune the file until you get the correct definition.

I'm out of the office until Monday (having knee surgery tomorrow). If you want to catch up with me then, we can get that part resolved.

Take care.
Bill. Thank you! I will get back with you at a later date to get the correct definition. What the best way to get a hold of you? My definition would be from when I bought to stuff about 9-10 years ago. I was wondering if maybe that was the problem since the QH was not supported when I bought the tuning package from you.

I hope all goes well for you in surgery and a speedy recovery!

EDIT: I bought the package from you back in June of 2012.

Minotaur user.
Old Sat, November 13th, 2021, 09:33 PM
Big Sky State!!!!

A quick update to say thank you and let others know for future referance.

Bill hooked me up with a updated defenition that works with the 256k format (mine was 224k) along with new 256k calibration files.

Plus he sent me a link to a binary reorder software to convert my old 224k ts style files to work with the new 256k Hydro/Quarter Horse system. Yes my stuff was old and outdated but still worked just fine. So, now I am up to date with my software for tuning!!

With the files converted to 256K format the Quarter Horse works perfectly. Plug and play!

Thanks for your time and help Bill!!

David.

Minotaur user.
Old Sun, November 14th, 2021, 09:21 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Glad we could help! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care and have a blessed week!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, November 16th, 2021, 09:05 AM
Big Sky State!!!!

Thank you Bill! The same to you!

Minotaur user.