Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Thu, December 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Whopper

jconna is on a distinguished road
Default May have messed up

I took my truck in for a rocker arm issue and didn't think to set the programmer back to stock. How can I tell if the garage flashed and messed up my programming? When I picked it up the tech told me he saw an O2 error code and tried to clear it. Since that time it seems to have a bit of a miss and the shifting seems off. Thanks
Old Thu, December 15th, 2011, 04:07 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

The simplest way to tell is to plug in the Gryphon. If it boots normally and shows your hex code, you're probably fine in the "flash" department. However, if it does not seem to recognize your truck, then the truck was almost certainly flashed. If this is the case, Bill can return it to stock for a fee ($75 I think). And, your tunes will have to be completely rewritten, at the normal cost for tunes.

But, if it's been flashed and doesn't run right, you need to return it to the "garage" and tell them to fix it. It sounds like something is still screwed up and a "tune" will not correct whatever they've messed up.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, December 15th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Whopper

jconna is on a distinguished road

That's good news. Not that I may need to take the truck back in; but that my flash appears good. I'm seeing the same HEX as in my profile and I'm able to switch back and forth between levels. Just hasn't seemed to run correctly since I had it in. I'll get it back to them but thanks for the quick response.
Old Thu, December 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Great! It really sounds like they need to redo something, but - first try switching back to stock and see how it runs then. If the problem is still there, it pretty much confirms that they need to do more, and, you certainly want it at stock anyway if you take it back.

- Jack