Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Sat, February 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Whopper Junior

Lineman is on a distinguished road
Default Do I need my FICM reprogrammed?

I went to the dealer for a 70K scheduled maintenance appointment. Since I lost about 1.5 mpg and 5 mph on my test hill in the first two years I had the truck, I figured I had been reflashed at some point so I asked if they would pull the hex codes for the ECM, TCM, and FICM 'cause I was going to get a tuner. When they got done, I asked what the codes were and they said there were none. What do you mean there were none? Well there was one, AC on, but the mech. cleared it. So...I re-explained myself and a half hour later we were in business but with an $82 + tax bill. This dealer is expensive and you PAY for every little thing, but they are very accommodating, bend over backwards to help, throw in free things occasionally like car washes and oil changes to keep people happy, they have 3 or 4 mechs that do nothing but PSDs and are good at it, and they are tuner friendly so I keep going back.

So I got my codes.

PCM:

CAL VXCF4X3

CVN AC30B0E6

FICM:

CAL AMZ2AL12

CVN 8C27C977

TCM:

CAL TQCJOW2

CVN C9BDC31D

With what little I know by perusing the forum, it looks like I do not need a roll back but I digress to the experts. However; do I need a FICM reprogram or not? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old Wed, February 22nd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

If that is your org ficm, then you should be good. VXCF4 was a good PCM program, and the FICM program that came with it was adaquate. VXCF5 is the bad one, it came with the ficm killer flash.

I'm sorry I dont have a FICM list to know exactly what FICM programs are good and which ones are not. I'm just a helper here. All I know is which one were married to which PCM code. So if your FICM is org then you should be Ok. I'm not saying you wont see some gains from a FICM reprogram, but they wont be a great as someone would see if they had later one like VXCF7 or VXCF9.

hope this helps
jeremy
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed