Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > 6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming

6.0L PSD FICM Reprogramming Power Hungry Performance 6.0L FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module) programming has been
the industry standard for in FICM modification almost 10 years.

If you have questions or would like more information about the benefits, please post here.

Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road
Default Codes P1378 after FICM programming.

A little info first, I bought the Gryphon non-CS/CTS with 4 FICM tunes to use at my convienence. THIS IS NOT the remote FICM programmer where its a "loaner" then return to PHP.

Prior to installing the Atlas 80, I scanned the truck for codes using AE. Just the normal code for my over head temp/compass that stopped working a long time ago.

After installing the Atlas 80, and going for a joy ride to play with my new found power!!! I was checking out the features of the Gryphon, clicked on read DTC's and found U0306 which is normal because my strategy tunes are VXAP2. The other code has me confused, it's a P1378 low FICM input voltage. So using the Gryphon I checked my FICM volts INPUT, they are holding steady at 13.5.

So my question is.... Is this normal to have a ghost code because of using the Gryphon FICM programmer, or was the code thrown because the FICM relay was removed for uploading the FICM tunes?

Thanks, Rich
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Rich,

The P1378 DTC is a code that is generated by the ECM when the FICM relay is removed during programming. This is completely normal and will alleviate itself after several key cycles, or you may use the FICM programmer's Diagnostic functions to clear the DTC manually.

The U0306 DTC is a mismatch between the RCM and FICM strategies. This code is more of a reference code and is NOT an indication of anything that will affect driveability, so there is no real concern. In order to eliminate the DTC, you must use the correct FICM strategy with the correct ECM strategy. The relationship is as follows:
  • 2003 Model Year:

ECM: VXAxxxx
    FICM: 2003 FICM Strategy
  • 2004 Model Year:

ECM: VXBxxxx
    FICM: 2004 FICM Strategy
  • 2005+ Model Year:

ECM: VXCxxxx
    FICM: 2005+ FICM Strategy
In your situation where the truck was a 2004 but still ran the 2003 ECM strategies, you'll need to use the 2003 FICM strategies.

I hope this is helpful.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Whopper

Lilpooh is on a distinguished road

Thank You Bill.

Tomorrow I'll load up the '03 FICM tunes for my strategy code. Their is nothing like chrome-moly cajones, and since I've got'em, I'm gonna load up the Hercules!!LOL!!
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Thank You Bill.

Tomorrow I'll load up the '03 FICM tunes for my strategy code. Their is nothing like chrome-moly cajones, and since I've got'em, I'm gonna load up the Hercules!!LOL!!
Dang... stole my line! Of course, I stole it from someone else.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, April 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Whopper

speotter is on a distinguished road
Default FICM Reflash

I had some problems with my FICM (6.0 PSD 2003 Excursion), and I had it reflashed by ford and then I had it rebuilt with higher voltage (not sure what they are called) but they works fine. One difference is that the MPG went from the 15-17 range to the 13-15 range.

Is that due to the CA smog recall 06E17? Did that require a different than original flash for my FICM?

Is that what caused my mileage change?

What can I do to get it fixed?