Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road
Default emergancy failed smog need to talk to bill

Well i just got back from the smog shop. He failes me. he told me the computer has been whipped clean and i had to remove the banks 6 gun. I was like banks what? I hid the switch as instructed by the previous posts when i bought the fu chip. I was told it would pass fine. Well it failed and i have stage 2 single shot injectors. So what can i do? Bill please call me 5309660003 . My baby is due next month and the truck is the only vehicle that can carry my 2 babys. registration is due the end of the month.
Also he stating i needed a catalytic convertor or go to Ford and print a peice of paper stating it didnt come with a cat. please help here is the VIN 1ftww33f3xee84687
Do I need a Cat?

f350 7.3l dually stage 2 single shot injectors by rosewood injectors
fu chip 6 position custom tunes
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I left a message for Cody.

In the mean time I'd work on getting the catalytic converter or note that the truck doesn't need one.

Last edited by Longshot270; Wed, March 21st, 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 09:40 PM

ok thanks i feraking out. If I have to send the computer to bill my wife and kids cant go anywhere and i have child custody on Tuesday. the inspector said the sticker on the door and hood are rubbed off and the sticker on the valve cover was gone. Well the valve cover sticker is in the file and it says its a 2000 model b235cf. What i read is it doesnt need a cat is that correct?
Catalytic Converter for a 1999-2003 Ford Diesel 7.3l [Archive] - Pirate4x4.Com
Bottom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-21_19-32-16_672.jpg (24.7 KB, 9 views)
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 09:54 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

If the valve cover sticker says "DC" or "DOC", then you NEED a catalytic converter.

Since the sticker is gone, you'll have to get a build sheet from Ford.

If your inspection guy doesn't like your truck having a chip on it, you'll need a reflash. Bill WILL NOT be available for the last week of the month (as per the announcement at the top of the page) and unless you want to pay for overnight shipping both ways (likely about $80 each way), it won't be done by the end of the month.
Old Wed, March 21st, 2012, 10:08 PM

Cleatus nice to hear from you. I would like to talk to bill about an idea I have. if i reburn my computer will i need to get my 6 programs redone also? if someone wants to call me my number is on the first post.

emission codes: ecm,tc,di,cac
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 01:14 AM

dietoremain is on a distinguished road

Not to sound shady, but ca is a joke, there's plenty of smog guys that wont give ya the run around bs like that guy is.. just gotta know who to go to man. sorry you're having troubles..

Thats the one thing that makes me wanna get outta here, that and the stupid traffic.
Autometer gauges
WW/ATS 1.0 exhaust housing
Hutch/Harpoon in tank mods/hpX line
AIH delete/ebpv delete
TruCool trans cooler
Straight piped
PHP FU
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 01:30 AM

do you know anyone in auburn roseville sacermento or marysville?
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 02:50 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Eric,

If the truck is a 1999 to 2001 Automatic, it should NOT have come with a catalytic converter on it so you wouldn't need one to pass emissions. Since your emissions codes did not include DC or DOC, the emissions guy can stick the whole catalytic converter garbage up his butt. Honestly, go find someplace else to take your truck for testing. I think this guy was just being a prick. You shouldn't have any problem passing emissions with Stage 2 Single injectors, and we've got a number of customers in Calif. that pass without problem.

As to the reflash, if you did have the ECM reflashed you would NOT need to change the chip. The chip overrides the ECM strategy and would ignore whatever strategy the ECM is programmed to.

Unfortunately, we will be out of the office all next week. If worse comes to worse, you are usually able to apply for an emissions extension which allows you something like 30 days to get the vehicle repaired. You'll have to check with your local tag agency to determine what the eligibility requirements are.

I'll be happy to give you a shout in the morning as soon as we get back from Corey's Dr. appointment.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM

Bill I thank you for your response. You can call me anytime that is convient for you. I was wondering if maybe we can do a trade for flashing the pcm and of course pay my fees. i would pretty much like a stock or smokeless tune. I was hoping we could do a pcm trade cause of my situation. Thanks Bill
Old Thu, March 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Whopper

Shake-N-Bake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by epowers777 View Post
Cleatus nice to hear from you. I would like to talk to bill about an idea I have. if i reburn my computer will i need to get my 6 programs redone also? if someone wants to call me my number is on the first post.

emission codes: ecm,tc,di,cac
According to your valve cover sticker, your truck did not have a cat. The attached photo shows two different stickers for 1999 models. The lower (black) sticker has "OC" listed....which means it came with a catalytic converter.

If your truck is a 1999 model, then perhaps you can print out this photo and show to your emissions inspector.
Hope this helps...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valve Cover Stickers with labels.jpg (43.2 KB, 12 views)