Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, December 14th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Default DEXTER

Does anyone else out there watch Dexter, and did you see it tonight?!? That's the one show where Bill and I walk away from the office for an hour -- no matter what.

It was so freakin' GOOD tonight! Now we have to wait until 2009. :weeping: Damn.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, December 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Out of 54 other members, Bill and I are the ONLY ones who watch Dexter ? Aw, guys, you don't know what you're missing!

And I had such high hopes for this forum...

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Sorry, never seen it
Old Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

^^^^^^X2. heard of it....but never seen.
Old Tue, December 16th, 2008, 09:46 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

All I can say is that Dexter is our "Sopranos". It is very well written and the actors are superb, although the subject matter is rather dark.

I think the reason we find it intriguing is that on some level it is refreshing to see some degree of real justice, even if it is at the hands of a "serial killer". Of course, it's not the type of action I could ever condone but part of me believes that if we had a little more of the "Let the punishment fit the crime" type of justice, then there might be less crime.

I guess the question is whether locking a person in a cage is any less barbaric than cutting off a hand for stealing. I know if I lost my hand, I'd REALLY THINK TWICE before I did it again. Prison? Three hots and a cot for a year. Where's the punishment? Maybe it's the gang rape.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, January 27th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Spark Plug Inhibited

Jeremy is on a distinguished road

Dexter is Awesome!!!! The Wife and I are addicted to it, I bought both season 1 and 2 DVD's and every person @ work that I loan the DVD's to is an instant fan.

I don't have Showtime so I'll have to wait for the DVD's...I did see the first episode of Season 3....and all I can say is its gonna be a long summer/fall until I can watch the rest on DVD. :cry:
00 F-350 7.3, 12 Speed, PHP Gryphon, PHP hydra, DAC3
95 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, Auto, Mechanics Truck
94 F-Superduty 7.3 DI, 5 speed, Flatbed
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

:omg: Season Two was NOTHING compared to Season Three! You're gonna it! You'll have to tell us when you've seen it so we can just sit around and talk about it

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Duty, Honor, Country

ChuckD will become famous soon enough

I dont even have cable
2004 Explorer Limited
A veteran is someone who, at one point in one's life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author Unknown
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Dexter is Awesome!!!! The Wife and I are addicted to it, I bought both season 1 and 2 DVD's and every person @ work that I loan the DVD's to is an instant fan.

I don't have Showtime so I'll have to wait for the DVD's...I did see the first episode of Season 3....and all I can say is its gonna be a long summer/fall until I can watch the rest on DVD. :cry:
Jay over at Edge had the Season One DVDs in 2007 or early 2008, and when Bill was there doing some testing, he got Bill hooked. Bill came home, bought the Season One DVD set, and then I was hooked. We watched all of Season Two and also bought the DVD set, and we watched Season Three religiously (and DVR'd it, too!). Can't wait to buy the Season Three DVD set! Did you know that Michael Hall (Dexter) and his on-screen sister are married? We just found that out recently... must be weird watching your husband kissing his "girlfriend" at work.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Wed, January 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Bacon King

bbbxcursion is on a distinguished road

I got hooked on 'Nip Tuck' over the holidays. Once I arrived back in Phoenix, I bought all the seasons on DVD. I already watched them. AWSOME show! Never saw 'Dexter' though. If I got hooked, I'd lock myself in the house again just watching all the episodes.