Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Old Sun, September 2nd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

epowers777 is on a distinguished road
Default Diesel smoke smog?

I have a 99 f350 with stage 2 single shots from rosewood. I just got back my computer that was re flashed by Bill with a low smoke 25hp tow tune. He. Ustome wrote it for my truck. I put the computer in and did a few test revs. It smoke pretty good. I'm confused because with the chip in it wouldn't smoke at all. Took for a test drive and hammered the pedal no smoke. Reved it three times good amount of smoke.
What causes smoke maybe clogged fuel filter. I have 2 one inline and then the bowl.
I also run 5 gallons of vegetable oil per full tank of diesel with 1 quart atf.

Thanks Eric
Ps sorry about typing on my cell
Old Wed, September 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't think a clogged fuel filter would cause MORE smoke...probably less smoke since smoke is more fuel than needed (initially anyways). More smoke could be from loss in boostdue to bad air filter and turbo/innercooler performance/condition. So you have a PCM with a tow tune and a chip?

I would have the pcm in a "stock" format but to run single shot injectors. Then have the chip for tunes. That way to pass smog test, just pull the chip. I know of some people that get better smog results with some tunes (they knew the shop owner and wanted to try it out) but a lot of those shops won't touch it of it has a chip. That's my thinking anyways....
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx