Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED)

F.U. Chip & FU2 Flex Chip (DISCONTINUED) If you have a question or comment relating the new F.U. Chip or FU2 Flex Chip, post it here.

Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Whopper Junior

OHBandit is on a distinguished road
Default Remove chip to change tunes?

OK so I finally received my FU Chip and got it installed. It looks like I have to take the box out of the truck every time I want to change tunes. Has anyone come up with a fast way to do this? Am I missing something?
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Yes you're going to have to remove it to change the tunes on the chip.
But........
Thought those chips could have 6 tunes on them?
Once you get it ironed out which ones you like the chip will have to be remove each time you reburn it for different tunes on it.

Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Whopper Junior

OHBandit is on a distinguished road

I guess I can notch the back of the case so that I don't have to take the PCM out of the truck every time. That's what I was getting at.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 01:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Oh.
Ok.
Yes there have been a few members that have modded their cases for the pcms in order to rapidly remove and or replace the chip.
Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Peace!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Wed, April 7th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Double Whopper

Tholt34 is on a distinguished road

Just cut a slot in the back of the black box so you can remove the chip without pulling the pcm. Thats how i have mine and its so easy to just pull it out and reprogram it and put it back in the truck.

Tim
Old Fri, April 9th, 2010, 07:00 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Just make sure when you install the chip that the cable is OUT OF THE WAY OF MOVING FEET/PEDALS!!!!! We just had a customer roast his PCM when his foot got tangled in the cable and it yanked the chip out while the truck was running. Not good, and not cheap.

Other than that, notching the PCM is easy and allows for instant access.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, April 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Whopper Junior

macoubrie is on a distinguished road
Default dangling cables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Just make sure when you install the chip that the cable is OUT OF THE WAY OF MOVING FEET/PEDALS!!!!! We just had a customer roast his PCM when his foot got tangled in the cable and it yanked the chip out while the truck was running. Not good, and not cheap.

Other than that, notching the PCM is easy and allows for instant access.

Take care.
I will second Bills advice about making sure the cable is secured. This happened to me. It takes just a split second for your foot to catch the cable and yank the chip out and in my case when I let the clutch out. You figure the price of the new chip, a new PCM, and a tow back to the shop hurts the wallet but the real pain is having the dually stuck in the middle of a busy intersection. My pride is still bruised and it has been almost a year. Take your time and make sure the cable is secured from the switch to the chip. The PCM you save my be your own!