Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
The Owners Son

crayon929 is on a distinguished road

I need an example of how to make the forms and submit button work together to send an email.

'97 Ford Explorer Sport (P.O.S.)
Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Well, (Owner's Son) who would have thunk it? Hope you get a response soon!

- Jack
Whew, bet your glad you didn't delete it now.
Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 05:51 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Yea - kinda :o But it would have been a "soft" delete that I could have recovered. Still, it WOULD have been embarrassing to "hammer" the boss's son!

And, I've forgotten my manners again - glad to have you join us Chris!

- Jack

Last edited by Power Hungry; Tue, October 20th, 2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old Tue, October 20th, 2009, 11:35 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Don't worry about it, Jack. If he wants to hang around here he'll have to get used to getting knocked around a little. He gets no special privileges just because he's the boss'
son.

Of course we'll cut him a little slack for being a Marine, but that's about it.

Chris, most html/web generators have some sort of form component in them. Because they almost always use JAVA Script, you can't usually just write simple HTML code and get any sort of results. You'll need to set it up within the development interface.

Let me know what you're using for an HTML editor and we can see what you'll need to do to make a form.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, October 21st, 2009, 09:33 PM
The Owners Son

crayon929 is on a distinguished road

So... do I need to get something to be able to use forms? For something like submiting and email? I'm using homestead.coms online drag and drop generator.

'97 Ford Explorer Sport (P.O.S.)

Last edited by crayon929; Thu, October 22nd, 2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 12:22 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

If you're going to be doing more involved things like forms, you'll need to use one of the more complete web design packages. Most freebie Drag&Drop builders won't include things like forms.

Some popular design environments...

Adobe DreamWeaver
Microsoft Expression (Used to be Front Page)
Web Studio

I'll warn you, web development software isn't cheap and it isn't easy to learn. Plan on swinging by Borders or Barnes & Noble and picking up a good book or two on whatever software you settle on. Since most web hosting companies support Microsoft IIS Server Extensions and the software is comparatively cheap (cheap being a couple hundred vs. a couple thousand dollars) this might be the way to go.

Hopefully some others with web experience will offer some suggestions.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Fri, October 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Chris, I've been playing with our website for the past two years, and as all of our customers can attest to... it's gotten much better than it was back in 2007! It's amazing how much there is to be learned! I'm still learning, and although it's gotten WAY better, there's still so much I don't know how to do -- yet.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Closed Thread