Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 02:50 PM
Sex alleviates tension

average-joe is on a distinguished road
Default Karma

So today i was doing my good deed of the week,i'm helping someone off a gun forum by sending them a complete tigger for a rifle for free just to help the guy out(if you know about guns you know parts are not cheap)

I drop the packet off at the post office and i'm feeling good about helping someone out.I'm waiting to pull out of the post office parking lot,looking left and right and then.....................crunch!!
A 08 f150 BACKED INTO THE SIDE OF MY TRUCK!!
The woman was in a right state ,shaking and very upset but nobody was hurt.I wasn't even mad at her i was very very calm......i amazed myself. We exchanged details and we went on are ways.
I drove to fords and got a report done on the damage,the rough estimate is $2k to $3k.....wow

Her insurance rang me this afternoon and she admits her fault and the trucks going in tuesday i also have a rental from the insurance.
No frame damage just body pannels,the thing that blows my mind is how do you not see a 21foot truck?

Have a good holiday weekend all.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Dang! (or should I say... Ding? ) I'm sorry to hear that. But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Glad that nobody was hurt and that you kept your cool and she didn't blow up all over you screaming how it was your fault or anything. People tend to get entirely to excitable when an accident has occurred.

On a side note, isn't it amazing how much it costs to fix that bed? I was in an accident 17 years ago where a person pulled out of a parking spot in front of me and I hit the bed of the Mazda pickup. They don't make panels for it so they had to replace the whole bed. Cost $2800 to get it repaired. Fortunately it was their fault and the only reason I knew how much it cost was because my buddy ran the body shop where it was fixed.

Hopefully everything will be good as new. Try to enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, May 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

AND, I'll add that visibility out of the back of our trucks is actually pretty crappy. So given that she was driving an f150, maybe it's not all her fault. I know I'm a super-grandpa when backing this thing, and I'm happy I have backup sensors. It's great that she was a good citizen about it!

I got backed into in a parking lot once (two trucks ago) by some poor old soul who was handicapped. (He hit me with his wheelchair rack). What was kind of funny was that his Wife denied that they'd even hit me! (I saw them coming, but because of crossing traffic I couldn't move - all I could do was honk my horn, which did no good). :sadface: He was a nice guy though, and I decided I could repair the damage myself, which I did. The dents weren't quite as deep as yours, but mine was scratched badly. I'm glad my paint was white. Silver is an absolute pain to "blend".

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 07:30 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Glad to hear your ok!
$2-3k in dings? Wow!

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, May 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Well that sucks, But its good thing that it will be taken care of without too much of a hassel.
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Kind of sucks, but at least nobody got hurt. It's crazy how expensive it is to fix the simplest of things. You just wouldn't think it would be that bad.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Sex alleviates tension

Default update

Update.....LOL

The other persons insurance wants to bang the bents out and BONDO it over!
They said it's going to be like new again(lol) it didnt come from fords new with bondo, so thats a no go.
So my insurance is going to fix it(nw pannel) and sue her insurance to cover the correct way to repair it.........it's freaking crazy.

Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

It all comes down to money, doesn't it?

- Jack
Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Sex alleviates tension

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
It all comes down to money, doesn't it?

- Jack
Yes its' about the money for progressive,cheapo car insurance you get cheapo repairs.

Old Thu, May 28th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road

Insurance companies can be brutally cheap. When I was handling a bodyshop job, we had a customer with a old Jag XJS, it was low mileage, almost like new, and they wanted to put a used door on the car when I could have gotten a new one for a hundred more, and it would have required far less work to use. Needless to say, I discounted it myself so the customer got what he should have.
Likewise with my wife's car. When someone hit it, my insurance wanted to use salvage parts to repair it. Thankfully, working for a dealership, I got the parts at such a discount it allowed me to have them install mostly all factory parts instead.

It's a shame that when you have a new car/truck, you can't get it fixed to be like the way it was before an accident. It's not like insurance companies are losing money on every customer.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Closed Thread