Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

martinoledad is on a distinguished road

its a 2009 F150 5.4 V8 Fx4 im getting about 16-17 highway with true-duals(magnaflow) k@n cai, MAF. hopefully soon to be gryphon or XCAL 3
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Then that thing would look sweeet with a ram hood if you got one that was square. I was looking at ram hoods for my truck but they were a little more than I can afford.

I would go for the hood and save the leftover for the gryphon when they come out.
...then get the underdrive pulleys and grill upgrade.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Then that thing would look sweeet with a ram hood if you got one that was square. I was looking at ram hoods for my truck but they were a little more than I can afford.

I would go for the hood and save the leftover for the gryphon when they come out.
...then get the underdrive pulleys and grill upgrade.
I think im going to play it smart and get the underdrive kit and the programmer with custom tunes. save a little extra money. Ill save up for the hood maybe later in the summer or fall

but your plan is tempting.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Forum Predator

Yeah, saving money is more important in times like these. Haha, I'm so tight on cash right now I've found ways to eat lunch or dinner for less than $3 each...and its with REAL food because I DO NOT skip meals.

I've got underdrive pulleys next on my list aswell. I'm just waiting for the gryphon to pay itself off a little more and for some decent cash flow to come my way.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM

does anybody know if the underdrive pulleys will hurt or help the Gas mileage. because i dont want them if its going to hurt. I dont see how it would but just wondering.

Longshot you are going to have to explain how you get meals for less then 3 dollars because i like to eat and save money. I also dont skip meals.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Forum Predator

For the underdrive pulleys give 88Racing a shout. He installed a set on his not too long ago. I think his assesment was no change in mileage, minor gains in performance (considering the estimated 14 horses are at WOT) but a little bit quicker throttle response.

Well I guess I can share my little secret since your far enough away to not upset the balance of nature. For lunch I go get a sandwich at the local HEB which is $2.15 for a 6 inch sub and bring my own drink and side dish if I dont feel like getting a $.25 coke. I get it at about 7 am on my way to school so I am guranteed the pick of the sandwich crop...the early bird doesn't only get the worm but also the biggest, meatiest, yummiest worm.
I also do ALOT of cooking myself and that really cuts down on food expenses, plus I live on a river and I have connections for other kinds of meat. Make fun of me all you want but I can make a shad (yes, that ugly little fish you stick on a hook) taste as good as farm raised catfish, but our shad are also 14+ inches and I get them with a bow, spear or cast net.
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoledad View Post
Groovy chick- do you think that you will know if PHP will be able to release the gryphon by monday because if not i think im going to just order the XCAL 3.
Not by Monday, but Edge expects to release the '09 calibrations within the next couple of weeks -- it was one reason that Bill went out there this week.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sat, March 13th, 2010, 11:30 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinoledad View Post
does anybody know if the underdrive pulleys will hurt or help the Gas mileage. because i dont want them if its going to hurt. I dont see how it would but just wondering.

Longshot you are going to have to explain how you get meals for less then 3 dollars because i like to eat and save money. I also dont skip meals.
Put it this way.
My truck had alot more balls in stock minus the shifting after I put them on.
As far as mpg increases? A wee bit better .1 to .4 mpgs.

Cheers!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Thanks, 88racing. so do you think they were worth the money. as far as the MPG every little bit helps expecially when you have a 35 gal. tank like me.
Old Sun, March 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM

a couple more question about the pulleys did you do the install yourself.
-was it hard
-how long did it take
Closed Thread