Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Whopper aka STANK FOOT

RUSTY2STUFF is on a distinguished road
Default PID Parameters

Hello,

Me again & again

I love the PIDs, but I don't know what the normal reading are for my truck EOT, LPD, SPARK & so on.

Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks,
Gary
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 12:30 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY2STUFF View Post
Hello,

Me again & again

I love the PIDs, but I don't know what the normal reading are for my truck EOT, LPD, SPARK & so on.

Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks,
Gary
I haven't any idea what you should see for LPD and Spark. These seem like they could be more of a diagnostic tool in case of poor engine running (Spark) or transmission problems (LPD). The EOT is going to be all over the place, depending on the load. I honestly don't think there's a huge reason to monitor it, and, Ford has taken the oil temp sensor out of the 08+ trucks.

Here's a link to a post I put up about some of the other parameters though: http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/6691-post2.html

Hope this helps.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Like Jack said, '08 and up doesn't have an EOT sensor. (I wonder where he thought about looking that up? HAHA) But you can watch the CHT, it is practically the same thing. Mine hovers around 190.

The spark (advance) will go all over the place depending on how you drive. the numbers there represent degrees of advancement. At WOT you'll see 0-5˚ sometimes and driving you may see 30-40˚.
I find the spark to be the more usefull in datalogging than regular driving.

The PIDs I find to be most usefull are RPM, AVG MPG, COMM GEAR, and the 4th is usually IAT, MAF or LOAD. There is also another one for torque management(TQC) but I never found that one to be of any use.

Haha even though I know every word of the content, the data logging manual is very good for looking the names up.
Old Fri, January 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Actually 07.5's don't have the oil sensor.
PIDS I monitor are:
MPH
LOAD
CHT
MAF
COMM GEAR
TFT

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Whopper aka STANK FOOT

RUSTY2STUFF is on a distinguished road

Thanks again everyone,

The input is great.

Thanks for the link Jack and your research to get the info. That's the kinda stuff I was lookin for!

I am using the IECON, CHT, COMGEAR & TFT. Anything to help with mpg and monitor the engine health. After my custom tunes I'll start using the info that will monitor performance.

I guess it woulda helped if I had listed my truck info also. It's an 05 screw 5.4.

I read a little on the data logging in the forum, but don't recall seeing a manual. Can someone let me know where to find it? Just know it will probably lead to me pestering everyone some more!!!

Thanks again,
Gary
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Forum Predator

Haha well finalizing it is still on Corey's to do list and I cant remember the title of the thread where we talked about it.

Here is a copy that I sent them (just saved in a lower quality format)
It should give you a pretty good idea of how to do it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf data log write up.pdf (617.5 KB, 228 views)
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTY2STUFF View Post
Thanks again everyone,

The input is great.

Thanks for the link Jack and your research to get the info. That's the kinda stuff I was lookin for!

I am using the IECON, CHT, COMGEAR & TFT. Anything to help with mpg and monitor the engine health. After my custom tunes I'll start using the info that will monitor performance.

I guess it woulda helped if I had listed my truck info also. It's an 05 screw 5.4.

I read a little on the data logging in the forum, but don't recall seeing a manual. Can someone let me know where to find it? Just know it will probably lead to me pestering everyone some more!!!

Thanks again,
Gary
Gary, you didn't see the data manual because there isn't one! Longshot has provided Corey with the results of his excellent research into it and she was going to add that to the Gryphon manual when she had time. It's kind of on the "back burner" for now. I honestly think though, if you look at what Longshot posted, you'll figure out everything. He did a great job!

- Jack
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Forum Predator

Thanks Jack. Looks like we answered his question at the same time but it looks like I was a moment sooner.
Old Sat, January 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM
PHP Groupie

Yup, we did! Good on you though for providing the link!

- Jack