Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Closed Thread

Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

Robert6401 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey y'all, with questions

I know this is a question that gets asked a lot, but I hope y'all don't mind me asking it again specifically for my application. I have read through just about every thread and have gotten some great information but am still a little unsure about which tunes would work best for me. Here we go......

I have 2003 F250 7.3L CC SB FX4, leveling kit with 285/75/16 tires. The truck is not a daily driver, but does get driven a few times a week usually on trips that are at least an hour one way - mostly highway, with a little city, I'd say 80% highway, 20% city. Right now the only so-called "performance mods" would have to be a 6637 intake. I am running stock exhaust including the muffler, but no cat. I do have EGT, Boost, and Tranny gauges already along with a 6.0 tranny cooler.

I do tow heavy. I have a 5th wheel camper that checks in at just under 14,000lbs when loaded. I also do some lighter towing of my tractor and a few cars now and then, but mostly just the camper.

I live in South Carolina, in the middle of the state, so no significant hills. But I do tow the 5th wheel up into the mountains of NC and TN fairly often.

I have been dragging my feet for years on getting a tuner because I was concerned about breaking my truck. But I get a good feeling about PHP's products and I am also beginning to get bored with my truck and I need to do something to it so I don't go looking to replace it.

So I was thinking I would need:

25hp Tow - for towing the 5th wheel all over
40hp tow - for towing the other trailers and possibly the 5th wheel on flat ground
80hp DD - for general daily driving unloaded.

How would these workout with my current truck (mainly concerned about not having an aftermarket exhaust)? Any reccomendations are appreciated.

Oh, does the chip come with a stock tune free of charge?

EDIT: OK, I just saw where the Stock and Anti-theft Calibrations are free, so nevermind the last question.

Thanks for the help

Bob

2003 F250 Lariat 7.3PSD CC SB FX4

Kwik (6637) Filter, RE 2.5" leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, TC Lock, Fumoto, EBPV/Exhaust Brake,6.0 Tranny Cooler, AIH Delete, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP Phoenix stock, 25tow, 40tow, 65tow, 80dd, 100perf, In-tank mods, Muffler Delete, WW, FRx,HPx, JW Stage 1 Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM
-Pulling a 38' Forest River Sierra 5th Wheel
Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Welcome

Sounds you are on the right track!
Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Whopper

FARMBOY22 is on a distinguished road

Welcome

I would install a good turbo back exhaust system anyways for faster the spooling and better fuel economy

99.5' F-250 EXTCAB 4X4 6SPD 4" LIFT 35" TIRES 3.73 GEARS
K&N INTAKE, GTP38R W/TURBO MASTER WASTEGATE CONTROLLER,
203DEG THERMOSTAT, EVO II,AND MBRP COOL DUALS EXHAUST NO MUFFLER
Old Fri, January 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum!

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sat, January 30th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Welcome