Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1999 to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped Super Duty and Excursion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu, May 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Double Whopper

wood4heat is on a distinguished road
Default Does this make sense?

I recently started a thread "http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/1999-...-question.html " to try and figure out if my '03 7.3 had a shift kit before ordering a PHP chip. I think I was wrong in what I was feeling. There are four distinct shifts, with only four gears that can't be right? I figure what I'm feeling as firm shifts are actually the torque converter locking up in each gear. Now can anybody tell me if this is normal, The 1st lockup or shift is very firm as is the second. The 3rd is undetectable unless I'm watching the tach and the 4th is the hardest of all with the largest drop in rpm's.

Is this normal for stock, with a shift kit, an aftermarket torque converter, or just wrong?

The dealer that sold me the truck said the previous owner had the trans rebuilt but they couldn't tell me anything about the rebuild.

Thanks again!