Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road
Default A bit confused on what to order

I've been looking around for my answer, but haven't found it.. So I'll just ask you guys...

I'm going to buy Minotaur for my '00 7.3, but I'm not quite sure what I need to order..

When you go through the order form, you can check Minotaur Package, Licence, SW and MDF file, or MDF file..

I'm imagine the Minotaur Package is just that, everything, but I want to make sure before I order it.. If I get the package, it should include everything I need right?

The seperate ones, MDF, then SW and MDF, I understand those, your just ordering either the MDF, or the SW and MDF without the chip and burner..

Do I need the licence? Choose the package and Licence, or is that included in the package?

My next question, I want to get a few custom tunes. I'm going to be short on time. The truck is getting new injectors, and I've got a bunch of other stuff tore down for repairs or mods. I'm leaving town on a race trip Oct 15th, so I dont want to be short on time, while trying to figure the SW out. The truck is getting Stage 2 injectors, exhaust and some other things, it's going to be pulling a 14K LBS trailer and I dont want to run a stock or a tune from the EVO because of EGT's.. Probably just a towing tune, and a "hot" tune. I want a high idle tune, but thats going to be simple enough I can do it in no time, and it's not really needed for this trip..

Do I need to call PHP in order to get the custom tunes? I know those guys are very busy, and I'd rather not bug them unless I have to..

Thanks
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...
Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Yep, Minotaur package will include everything you need to unleash the inner tuner in you.

As for the extra tunes, I would guess your best online form to use would be the one under "Diesel Chips" then "Order Diesel Calibrations to Be Delivered Via E-mail."

I think custom tunes are $60 each calibration. You could still call in, but I'd feel pretty safe using the online forms.
Old Sun, September 12th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Double Whopper

Colt is on a distinguished road

Cool, thank you
'79 Mustang Turbocharged 302, Aftermarket EFI 563 HP/ 657 TQ
'98 Mustang Stroked, Blown, Aftermarket EFI 498 HP/ 537 TQ
'99 Cobra, no engine ( petal power )
'97 Dodge Ram 1500, Turbocharged 408, Aftermarket EFI

I have far too many toys...