Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sat, January 22nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough
Default Ever see a partially burnt fuse?

It was the first time I've ever seen anything like it. I was making some wire adjustments on the harness for my new stereo head unit and the accessory wire slipped and sparked with the 12v hot wire. Next thing I know nothing works right. Neither the new head unit nor the old one would do anything. I get my little hot/cold tester with just an LED light and it worked. Hooked everything back up and nothing worked. Got out my fancy digital volt meter and the 12v hot wire read 1.58 volts. I kept rewiring the harnesses and again my fat fingers lost the hot. This time when it sparked I retested and the wire was cold, checked the box and found the 20 amp fuse had been blown. Didn't have any extra 20 amp fuses so I used a 15 amp. Now everything works again. Just thought it was strange that a fuse could only burn part of the way.
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Yes it can happen especially with a quick arc.....

Hopefully you also followed the suggestion of unplugging your Gryphon before working with the electrical system of the truck......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Of course I did