Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Whopper

Kurt14 is on a distinguished road
Default So, I can no longer change my edge to gryphon

So, Can I still send you my edge and switch it over to a gryphon with 3 custom tunes... If so how far out is it?!?!

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Whopper

Ok now that I double taked the years..... Mines a 2005 so how long am I out on a programmer... I understand the reasons for the delay and am cool with it....

What kind of mileage are people getting with a gas mileage/economy tune?!?!

also, I can do a economy, performance, and towing setting correct?!?!?

Been out of the game lately so am trying to get up to date

Fancy - 2005 Ford F-150 Crew 5.4 Lariat with Banks Ram Air Intake, Custom Flowmaster (hidden) Exhaust, 2.5'' Daystar Leveling Kit, Red Top Optima, and a (eager to be updated to Gryphon) Edge Evolution Programmer. Plus many custom appearance mods..
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Whopper

bigterp is on a distinguished road

I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but MY understanding is you can do Tow or Performance tune. You can choose which octane level for each tune as well. For example I ordered an 87 tow, 87 performance and 93 performance tunes with my unit. Most people use the performance tune as their daily driver but MPG's are probably more affected by your driving style than what tune you are running. You can expect a slight increase in MPGs with a custom tune, but nothing drastic. As far as time without a programmer, I was told 3-4 weeks when I ordered my CS. Got the CS last week, and now just waiting on the tunes.
Custom Emblem Overlays - Patriot Decals (TERPS) - Krylon Fusion on Tailgate/Door Handles & Stock Fender Flares - 12" Shorty Antenna - Gotts/DVM Mod - DIY Black Headlights - Nightshaded Taillights/3rd Brake Light - XM Radio - SI/DO Magnaflow ExhaustGryphon CS W/ 87, 93 Performance & 87 Tow
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Whopper

Yea, Well my biggest mistake was updating my edge... I had it setup to where I was getting 18 to 20 mpg and then the bright idea to update it... Now, I'm lucky to get 14 mpg if that.... Angers me!!! 14- is killing me and my wallet

Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Sorry, because your truck is in a problematic year range you cannot upgrade your programmer without literally upgrading to a CS or CTS. After you updated did you go and re-enter your proper tire size and gear ratio? If any of those are off it will throw off your odometer and then the math will show poor mileage.
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Sorry, because your truck is in a problematic year range you cannot upgrade your programmer without literally upgrading to a CS or CTS. After you updated did you go and re-enter your proper tire size and gear ratio? If any of those are off it will throw off your odometer and then the math will show poor mileage.
Ah, Longshot - doesn't he have a 2005? If so, there should be no problem upgrading to a Gryphon.

And, Kurt, you say your mileage dropped after you updated the firmware on the Edge? I suppose they might have changed the calibrations, but that would be the only thing that could have effected mileage. Did you call Edge about this?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Wed, January 26th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
Ah, Longshot - doesn't he have a 2005? If so, there should be no problem upgrading to a Gryphon.

And, Kurt, you say your mileage dropped after you updated the firmware on the Edge? I suppose they might have changed the calibrations, but that would be the only thing that could have effected mileage. Did you call Edge about this?

- Jack
Oh shiznit, yeah my bad. I dont know what I was thinking.

Dont read what I say OP!
Old Thu, January 27th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Whopper

Skip_1074 is on a distinguished road

Kurt, I saw you had a Banks intake system on your truck. How do you like it? I spoke with Banks yesterday about their intentions of making that for the 2009-2010 along with the torquetube headers, and it sounded like there is hope, just a matter of time.

I am curious of your observations, likes and dislikes of it.
"Stupid Plastic Snorkle Delete" (a.k.a. Gotts Mod)
Line-X bed & Highway Products "Silverback" toolbox
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 04:01 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt14 View Post
Yea, Well my biggest mistake was updating my edge... I had it setup to where I was getting 18 to 20 mpg and then the bright idea to update it... Now, I'm lucky to get 14 mpg if that.... Angers me!!! 14- is killing me and my wallet
It maybe pure coincidense but you may have filled up with winter blend gas at the same time you updated and that could be the cause of the mpgs drop......southern states get winter blends later on in the winter.....

Also some tlc maintenance to perform......

Clean your MAF.
Clean your TB.
Change your fuel filter......

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Mon, February 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot270 View Post
Swamp gases must be building up again......time to purge.....

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.