Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford Super Duty & Excursion > 1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

1994½ to 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel equipped F-Series and F-Super Duty

Old Wed, August 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Whopper Junior

birdco85 is on a distinguished road
Question 10K mod or not??

Hey Guys,

I have a 95 PSD with the 10K mod and the IDM mod. I just recently installed my new PHP FU chip and I wouldn't say I'm dissapointed but I thought it would be better. Don't get me wrong, it has great power up top and the shifting is awesome but down low it seems like a dog off the line. The only thing I can think of is that the 10K mod should go away. I now the chip raises the injector pressure and I'm thinking that the 10K is making the computer see too much pressure?? Any suggestions? I bought the truck with a Dyno Sources chip (from 1998) and it ran great with those mods. It would chirp the tires off the line. I also have a Tymar intake and 3" DP/4" exhaust. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Darren
Old Mon, August 15th, 2011, 02:57 PM
God & Guns

rammertide07 is on a distinguished road

I would try it, I bet anything that it would not hurt your performance since the chip already does what the 10k mod is for. Your "lag" can be due to boost leak or leaky up pipe. Or you just have an old block with cylinder wear.
01 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/3.73/315-75-16/Aeroforce Interceptor/BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/4" turbo back exhaust/CCV Mod/DIY 6637/FPR Shimmed to 65 PSI/TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40T WITH Whsiper tune, 80DD, 100R, 140Ex, 140SS)/Replaced and Cleaned EBPS & Tube 4-6-12/Zoodad mod/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Cowl Hood/HPx