Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > The Starting Point > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to the Power Hungry Performance Forum. We're glad that you're here! Start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself!

PLEASE POST TECHNICAL and/or SUPPORT QUESTIONS in the APPROPRIATE SECTION of the FORUM

Old Sun, July 24th, 2022, 03:46 PM
Windmiller

Hoosier Windmills is on a distinguished road
Default New Member - Hoosier Windmills

Hi: My name is Todd and I have a 1998 IH 4700 with the T-444E - 6 speed with 2 speed axle, 24,000 original miles on engine and chassis. I have a Terex 2863 boom mounted on the truck that I use to install water pumping windmills and towers. Weight of the truck is just under 26K with full fuel, 2 passengers, man basket, and tools. I bought the Orion reflash looking to improve the driveability of the truck as far as acceleration. Mileage improvement would be welcomed as well!

Once I get the calibration file installed, I'll provide some feedback on my experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1998 IH 4700 Boom Truck.jpg (837.6 KB, 6 views)
Old Tue, July 26th, 2022, 12:51 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Good to have you with us, Todd.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Orion.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, July 26th, 2022, 02:14 PM
Windmiller

Thanks Bill. I reflashed the truck last night and set the power level on 4 like you recommended since I don't have a pyro installed yet. WOW, what a difference! My engine was stock at 190HP and this jump to 230HP made a world of difference! I can actually accelerate in 2 speed axle high at highway speeds! The truck would barely accelerate in any gear in 2 speed high, but now I can take off in low and leave the axle in high. The difference in torque on the low end and taking off is an AMAZING improvement! I'm looking forward to tracking mileage now to see if there are any improvements, although, due to the increased driveability, I wouldn't care if it stayed the same! Thanks again for a great product and support! I will definitely stay in touch as I continue to upgrade the truck.
Old Wed, July 27th, 2022, 07:05 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Windmills View Post
Thanks Bill. I reflashed the truck last night and set the power level on 4 like you recommended since I don't have a pyro installed yet. WOW, what a difference! My engine was stock at 190HP and this jump to 230HP made a world of difference! I can actually accelerate in 2 speed axle high at highway speeds! The truck would barely accelerate in any gear in 2 speed high, but now I can take off in low and leave the axle in high. The difference in torque on the low end and taking off is an AMAZING improvement! I'm looking forward to tracking mileage now to see if there are any improvements, although, due to the increased driveability, I wouldn't care if it stayed the same! Thanks again for a great product and support! I will definitely stay in touch as I continue to upgrade the truck.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the upgrade.

In most cases, customers have notices an increase in fuel economy. At worst, it stayed the same but the truck drove significantly better. Once you settle in to the new tune, you should be able to see some mileage improvement. It usually takes a couple weeks to observe as people usually play with the tuning a little bit and it takes some time for the "shiny" to wear off.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, July 28th, 2022, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

PHP Ward is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi: My name is Todd and I have a 1998 IH 4700 with the T-444E - 6 speed with 2 speed axle, 24,000 original miles on engine and chassis. I have a Terex 2863 boom mounted on the truck that I use to install water pumping windmills and towers. Weight of the truck is just under 26K with full fuel, 2 passengers, man basket, and tools. I bought the Orion reflash looking to improve the driveability of the truck as far as acceleration. Mileage improvement would be welcomed as well!

Once I get the calibration file installed, I'll provide some feedback on my experience.
Welcome to the forum!

As Bill said, it usually take a little while for any mileage improvement to show up, since it takes a while for the fun of driving a peppier truck to die down.

PHP Support
  • 1996 F250 7.3L
  • 1995 F150 5.8L
Old Thu, August 4th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Windmiller

I had the truck out again for a service job Tuesday evening and I was completely amazed at the difference in the truck! I really need to time the acceleration from 0 to 60 mph because I swear it is TWICE as fast to get there as to what it would do before! Just can't say enough good about the Orion! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12 x 40 Service - 02 - 08-02-2022.jpg (1.53 MB, 3 views)
Old Fri, August 5th, 2022, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

PHP Ward is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had the truck out again for a service job Tuesday evening and I was completely amazed at the difference in the truck! I really need to time the acceleration from 0 to 60 mph because I swear it is TWICE as fast to get there as to what it would do before! Just can't say enough good about the Orion! Thanks!
We're glad you like it! If you ever need anything, just let us know.

PHP Support
  • 1996 F250 7.3L
  • 1995 F150 5.8L