Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software

Minotaur Automotive Tuning Software Tune your own 7.3L Diesel! If you have a question or comment about Minotaur? Post it here.

Also, check out our Facebook group: Facebook - Minotaur Tuners

Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 10:29 AM
BROKE

907DAVE will become famous soon enough

Ok... so after 44 MFD the ICP will not raise anymore but instead stay the same all the way to 100?

Is this the same thing that happens with stock scaling(70mfd)?
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 10:36 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Yes. But on a stock truck (or near-stock truck) it doesn't matter since the boost related fueling will only allow 70 MFD anyway.
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
BROKE

Interesting........Is this because of the Adder To PW Multiplier Map, or something else?

Did Bill find anything?
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Your tuner decided that for some reason, any ICP commanded after 44 MFD was to continue to use the highest values....essentially causing the PCM to run the same ICP at 100 MFD as it does at 44 based on any RPM.
Not to steal Dave's thread, I had a been meaning to ask a question about that. Make sure to answer his questions first.
So anything "off the charts" is referenced the exact same as the edge of the map/graph? Is my interpretation right?

How about when you get a situation like this?
Old Wed, April 28th, 2010, 05:46 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Dave,

Bill was just as confused as I was about why they'd want to do that. But then again, he brought up the graph of a few of the ICP maps and kind of made a funny face about them, too.

Thomas,

I have often wondered that myself with the stock MFD map as most of the maps are that way. I have always just rescaled the A/D counts so that 100 MFD occurs at 1023 (or 1000 in your case). I'll ask Bill tomorrow (since I hate bringing up work-related stuff after or before work hours) what he thinks about it.
Old Thu, April 29th, 2010, 01:03 PM
BROKE

Hey next time you guys aren't doing over there could we get a Normalizer cheat sheat.

Maybe just for the beginner level stuff.
Old Thu, April 29th, 2010, 02:36 PM
TIT (Tuner In Training)

soutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura aboutsoutthpaw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
Dave,

Bill was just as confused as I was about why they'd want to do that. But then again, he brought up the graph of a few of the ICP maps and kind of made a funny face about them, too.

Thomas,

I have often wondered that myself with the stock MFD map as most of the maps are that way. I have always just rescaled the A/D counts so that 100 MFD occurs at 1023 (or 1000 in your case). I'll ask Bill tomorrow (since I hate bringing up work-related stuff after or before work hours) what he thinks about it.
what exactly are "work hours" over there 6am to 3am the following day????
Projects. 1970's Hustler and Max II Amphibious ATV's
Old Thu, April 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Surprisingly, you're pretty close, DJ.

Thomas, if you look in the parameters, the max MFD is only set to "80" anyway. It's all because of the stock 90 CC injectors.
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Tuner novice

F-127 is on a distinguished road

Opps, my mistake, I also forgot to mention the files I was looking at, it was a DAC3/VOAA7P6(dad's pickup). Looking at those parameters the Max MFD is 100. Just seems to go against my thinking of one X input and one Y input with multiple Z values being a problem, I'm guessing the PCM has someway of picking, just don't know how. I'll likely just try setting the normalizer like normal before I re-burn that chip, maybe even have it both ways and see if there's a difference.

So out of my curiosity I checked the files for my pickup, MLE1, and that shows a Mass fuel minimum of 80 and a max of 100. Does the minimum come into play or not?
Old Mon, May 3rd, 2010, 06:18 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

That's something I don't know, Thomas.

You're right though about the DAC3/VOAA7 definition. I have that one in my Sniper stuff and it mimics the MFD map you posted. However, with my Minotaur, I use VXY2/VKAE3 and it is already "properly scaled" from the factory. That's why your screenshot had me puzzled.....I've never really looked at DAC3.