Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Whopper

Stealth is on a distinguished road

I will try that.
Old Fri, May 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Whopper

Tow tune that is. I'm taking the truck to walk the picket line tomorrow morning and that's a fifty mile round trip or so and we will see if anything pops up.
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 12:04 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Bill,

I made a small update to the file which shuts off certain OBD II monitors pertaining to the O2 Sensors. This MAY work to help you get through emissions. However, when disabling the monitors, the testing equipment may see that as an error and still fail you. It all depends on the testing equipment.

The download is available at your convenience. If this does not resolve the problem, then your only other recourse would be to change the CATs again and reset the O2 sensors back into the tunes.

These emissions testing places are getting to be so friggin' difficult. Why can't they just sniff the exhaust and go? I could just about guarantee that you're running cleaner than anything required by the EPA, regardless of what the "system monitor" says. But, it's all government interference to protect us from ourselves.

Let me know how it goes.

On Edit -

Actually, after re-reading your posts, I went ahead and reset the O2 sensor function back to normal. That update is now available in Pegasus for download.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Whopper

Ok I downloaded the files to the tuner and am in my truck loading the 87 perf tune into the PCM and initializing communication is all that is on the screen and it seems to be stuck there. Any ideas what I should do?
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Whopper

The screen is frozen. I disconnected the tuner and the truck starts on I assume the stock tune since I set back to stock before I downloaded the new tunes. Any ideas?
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Will -

If the tuning did not complete, you're still at stock. The "hangup" you describe sounds to me like it could be a weakening battery - one that still has enough power to crank the engine but that doesn't have enough for the programmer to generate the 18V signal needed to tell the PCM to accept a new tune.

If you could put the battery on a charger for a while before retrying the tuning process it may then work. And, if you have a charger capable of providing a "trickle charge" (usually 2 Amps or less), I'd just leave it connected while you try programming.

Sorry to hear about you being out of work. That has to really add to your stress level right now. Hope things turn around for you soon.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Whopper

Battery is good. I've been loading and changing tunes in the truck for a few days now and it's worked fawlessly. The tuner is locked on a green screen and non responsive. Pegasus won't recognize it any more either. I recall this same thing happening the last time I had downloaded tunes and Bill had to remote desktop my tuner to get it back up to speed. I think this may be the case again.

Yes we are going on week four of strike starting Monday. Saved money for strike so I'm not stressing too much and we're picking up some money from odds and end jobs so we are knocking out small bills as we go. I'll say this, painting the house is a pain in the keester! lol

Thanks Jack, and thanks Bill!

Will
Old Sat, May 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

OK Will -

Hope Bill gets back to you soon. It sounds like something corrupted in the firmware then and, Bill seems to have to fix that "hands on".

- Jack
Old Mon, May 14th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Whopper

Just letting you know Bill the truck passed inspection on the stock tune. I got a good amount of windshield time in this past weekend plus towing the boat to the lake and back today (caught a mess of crappie, fish fry will be good) so I ran her up to get her rechecked and passed. Once we get my tuner unlocked and the tunes reloaded all will be good once again. Tuner froze up upon trying to load the updated tunes into my truck and it is stuck on the green screen (see previous posts).

Let me know how you want to handle this. I've got nothing but free time, when I'm not fishing, that is. lol

Will
Old Tue, May 22nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Whopper

Bump.