Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, October 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Whopper

progrezzive1 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help on deciding which headers will work best with my set up

Hey guys i am looking for some help on choosing some headers for my 06 mark lt . Some guys recommend long tubes but i don't think its worth all the headache and modification to get them to work properly but on the other hand i have seen guys on forums saying that shorties serve no purpose can some one help me out? i have the gotts mods and am purchasing a gryphon with canned tunes, i also have magnafloe cat back exhaust 3 in 2.5 out.
Old Wed, October 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Grown-up in training!

ticopowell will become famous soon enough

I don't think LT's need much modification, if any, to be installed, as long as you get some specifically for your truck. and by your truck I think any 06-08 F-150's LT's would fit your truck. maybe even up to 2010 when they last had the older motors.
From what i have heard the shorty's don't do much except sound a little different.
If you do get LT's Bill can write you a tune for them, might get 20-30 hp from what I have heard... maybe more.
Hope that helped
Old Thu, November 1st, 2012, 01:45 PM
Whopper

badstang79 is on a distinguished road

I have OBX long tubes on my 04, and ran the canned tunes before I got my custom ones. I would recommend getting custom tunes for the lt's. Before on the canned you could notice a little difference with the headers, but after getting my custom tunes the truck is an animal. To put it in perspective, I live in Iowa, and camp along the Mississippi river. I tow a 8000lb. camper up some pretty nasty grades. Before my custom tunes I almost had to floor it to crawl up some grades at 40 mph. After recieving my tunes, I barely even had half pedal in it and was walking up them at 65. So long story short, the headers are worth it if tuned for it.
By the way, the kit wasn't hard to do. No modification of any kind. Took around 12 hours and a 30 pack or two. Just my two cents.

S&B C.A.I., OBX LT's, Magnaflow 3"-2.5" SIDO 14" Muffler, 3.5x18" tips, Gryphon CS with 89 tow and perf. and 93 perf. tunes
Old Tue, November 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Whopper Junior

bigcail is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by progrezzive1 View Post
Hey guys i am looking for some help on choosing some headers for my 06 mark lt . Some guys recommend long tubes but i don't think its worth all the headache and modification to get them to work properly but on the other hand i have seen guys on forums saying that shorties serve no purpose can some one help me out? i have the gotts mods and am purchasing a gryphon with canned tunes, i also have magnafloe cat back exhaust 3 in 2.5 out.
i run gibson short header and i love it,for hp longtube are better but i think the short header gibson are so much better than the oem one

(sorry for my english im a little quebec frenchie lol)