Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip

Hydra Chip 17-Position Chip The Power Hungry Performance Hydra Multi-Position Chip is the industry standard for the 7.3L!

Redesigned from the ground up, the Hydra Chip provides Ford owners with a feature packed,
high quality, and low cost alternative to other existing modules on the market today.

Old Sat, January 30th, 2021, 01:22 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of
Clap Still learning new stuff!

Ok. So I've been at this game for almost 24 years now. Ford tuning has been just been a living, but it has been life for me. I never stop poking around, trying different things, or looking at things from new angles. Well, this past Thursday was another one of those "lightbulb" days for me. It proves the old adage that you can learn something new every day if you pay attention.

At the behest of a customer, I was looking (AGAIN) for a way to turn off specific DTCs for sensors that had been removed. In this case, it was DTCs related to EBPV (Backpressure Valve) and AIH (Air Intake Heater). Now, I've been able to circumvent the AIH codes by changing the self test parameters, but I've not been able to successfully eliminate some of the DTCs related to removing the Backpressure Pedestal. We've just told people to leave the solenoid plugged in and forget about it. The only other option we had was to eliminate ALL DTCs by setting the number of allowable DTCs that the PCM could store to zero. This means that the PCM would never set any codes at all, even if there was a legitimate problem. This is never a good idea and I figured that there had to be a better way.

So I sat down in front of the computer, opened up a binary file, and started digging around. Switching gears from the way I have historically handled DTC management, I stumbled upon a solution where I can eliminate ANY single, specific DTC! I couldn't believe it until I programmed a couple test files onto a Hydra and stuck it in a PCM. Instantly, the specified DTCs were gone!

As I said, this is something I've been trying to figure out for over 20 years, and the answer was staring me in the face the whole time. I just didn't understand what or where it was. It pays to stop, take a break, clear your mind, and look at things a different way. You never know what you might discover!

Anyway, we can now permanently eliminate ANY DTC you may have. We'll be updating the definitions for our preferred custom tuning dealers and then roll out the updates to the rest of our Minotaur users as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know.

Take care and God bless.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sat, January 30th, 2021, 06:10 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Completely unrelated but I need to purchase another Minotaur license for a new computer that's replacing one that's about to take a major dump.

What are the steps that I need to follow to go about getting that done?
Old Sun, January 31st, 2021, 07:50 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Moving a license to another computer doesn't cost anything. Just hit me up when you're ready.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Sun, January 31st, 2021, 08:56 AM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

The old one still works though. I don't mind paying for another license since the old computer is still usable but just flakes out sometimes. I just don't like being caught with my pants down when in the middle of something....and then dead in the water.

I had a couple more detailed questions in the actual Minotaur forum too if you don't mind taking a peek at those.

Thank you Bill!

Tags
chip, codes, dtcs, ford, hydra, minotaur, p-codes, p0478, p1211, p1249, pcodes, power, powerstroke, stroke, trouble, trouble codes, tuning