Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Orion Reflash System for Navistar

Orion Reflash System for Navistar Power Hungry Performance is the first in the industry to provide custom tuning
for the 1998 to 2007 Navistar Medium Duty platform!

If you have any questions or would like more information on Orion, please post here.

Old Fri, March 26th, 2021, 02:32 PM
The few, the proud, the brave!

syntaxterror is on a distinguished road
Default new tune

Finally put the 250 hp tune on the bus a couple weeks ago. Took it to go get fuel today and it was like night and day so much smoother. Normally I let it warm up for a few minutes and it smooths out but this time it sounded like it wanted to go from the start. I didn't go far about five miles but it had more pick up. I get about 9.5 mpg so when I take my next trip down south 225 mile I will check fuel mileage.

Last edited by syntaxterror; Mon, March 29th, 2021 at 09:06 AM. Reason: grammer
Old Mon, March 29th, 2021, 05:20 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That's awesome! I'm really looking forward to hearing some fuel economy numbers from you as well as your thoughts while driving over a long distance. I would expect that you'll be please on both counts.

Keep us posted!

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, April 15th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Whopper

pwerwagn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxterror View Post
Finally put the 250 hp tune on the bus a couple weeks ago. Took it to go get fuel today and it was like night and day so much smoother. Normally I let it warm up for a few minutes and it smooths out but this time it sounded like it wanted to go from the start. I didn't go far about five miles but it had more pick up. I get about 9.5 mpg so when I take my next trip down south 225 mile I will check fuel mileage.
Is this on a 444 or a VT365?

-Jeff
Old Sat, April 17th, 2021, 10:13 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

His bus is a T444e.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Tue, May 25th, 2021, 01:23 PM

Hi just an update on my trip down south. The bus ran great. I did not get fuel numbers on the way down because of blow out. The trip home looked good fuel wise but hit stop and go traffic in Orlando and Ocala. Power was nice and it seemed to run a lot smoother. I now have a bluefire so I have a readout from the ecm what the engine is doing. Next month I will take the bus on another trip. Thanks again Bill for all your hard work.
Old Wed, May 26th, 2021, 10:14 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

Sorry to hear about the blowout. Always makes for a fun day... NOT!

Really looking forward to some empirical data. I'm sure it will all be good.

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, March 2nd, 2022, 10:10 AM

Smile

How time flies. Have not been doing much with the bus but short trips. Fuel mileage has been about the same 9 mpg but the power is awesome. I have a spicer 5 speed to swap out and that should help. Have an egt gauge to install just been way to busy with work. I have to admit it is fun to pass a big truck on the interstate and see the look on there face.

Thanks again
Joe
Old Wed, March 2nd, 2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxterror View Post
I have to admit it is fun to pass a big truck on the interstate and see the look on there face.

Thanks again
Joe

Yeah, it's always interesting when they get passed by a bus and they're like !!

(678) 890-1110

Old Thu, April 21st, 2022, 03:45 PM

Finally installed my egt gauge today. There was something about drilling a whole in a perfectly good manifold that bothered me but everything went well. This is the gauge I used https://www.auberins.com/index.php?m...products_id=19
Now that the hard part is done I can put any gauge I want if I don't like this one. It is interesting to see how the egt's react to throttle input. Next I have 4"exhaust to replace the muffler. Have been working 55+ hours a week and don't have much time to mess with the bus lately. Till next time.