Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Thu, October 15th, 2009, 12:05 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Default Harley pulls the plug on Buell Motorcycles!

A sad day at Harley!
Just released.
http://www.buell.com/en_us/

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, October 15th, 2009, 01:06 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

That is a sad state of affairs. For me, the Buell was the only Harley I would really consider. I remember when Erik Buell first introduced the bikes in 1983 and I thought "Man those are sweet!"

Good luck to Erik and the rest of the folks at Buell. May you land on your feet.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Thu, October 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

There wasn't much attraction for me to the Buell, but if I had to buy one, it would be either an XB-12R Firebolt or a Ulysses XB12X.

XB12R Firebolt:

XB12X: BMW GS1150 killer.

Unfortunately, there was not much desire for me to own a V-Twin that was engineered 6 decades ago. I'll keep my Japanese inline 4 cylinder bikes.
Old Thu, October 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Have you ridden one? I only say because I was a ricer-rider back in the day (1987 FZ-700) and have always loved sportbikes. However, one of the guys at Edge has an XB-12 and I took it for a spin. Despite the fact that it has the V-twin thump (which I don't necessarily mind), the bike is smooth, responsive and nimble. The first tight curve I hit had me in at about 50º and just rolled out smooth as glass. A little goose in 3rd would get the front end right up in fine fashion and with a smooth torque curve, you could hold it as long as you wanted. I'm not into that, but it felt nice.

The one thing that kept throwing me off was the redline on the tach, not to mention fighting the urge to wind that sucker up like an inline 4. You get over that pretty quick though.

Anyway... just my thoughts.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 09:01 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

cleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to allcleatus12r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Have you ridden one? I only say because I was a ricer-rider back in the day (1987 FZ-700) and have always loved sportbikes. However, one of the guys at Edge has an XB-12 and I took it for a spin. Despite the fact that it has the V-twin thump (which I don't necessarily mind), the bike is smooth, responsive and nimble. The first tight curve I hit had me in at about 50º and just rolled out smooth as glass. A little goose in 3rd would get the front end right up in fine fashion and with a smooth torque curve, you could hold it as long as you wanted. I'm not into that, but it felt nice.

The one thing that kept throwing me off was the redline on the tach, not to mention fighting the urge to wind that sucker up like an inline 4. You get over that pretty quick though.

Anyway... just my thoughts.
Nope, never ridden an XB-12R. I rode an XB-12 S2 and couldn't get over how quickly I had to shift....I felt like I was constantly lugging it but there's enough low end to get you moving in a hurry.

My main v-twin experience comes from an Aprilia RSV Mille and a Ducati 996; neither of which I owned but I didn't care for the jerky sensation on every power pulse from the engine. It's impossible to match the handling of a v-twin in the twisties though.
Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 11:05 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Never did like the early ones and the way there seats squared off to the gas tank. But in the last 2 years the MOCO redid the seats. I was actually thinking of picking up one of those 1125r's. Great ride!
Of course however a hyabusa is more up my alley. Since I am a former gixxer rider/racer.
Lars

Old Fri, October 16th, 2009, 11:15 PM
F Your Yankee Blue Jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
Of course however a hyabusa is more up my alley. Since I am a former gixxer rider/racer.
Lars
You know I have to put you on permanent ignore now since I am a diehard ZX-12R rider......

Old Sat, October 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
You know I have to put you on permanent ignore now since I am a diehard ZX-12R rider......

(678) 890-1110

Old Sat, October 17th, 2009, 06:57 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post

Oh Cody!
I still got my 07 FLHX!
So you can't completely ignore me.

Lars

Old Sat, October 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Well Cody at least you ride a respectable class of bike. Its not one the Y's or H's. Just sat on a SV1000 2 weeks ago didn't like it one bit. Then I hopped on the hyabusa and man what a difference!
Of course I will stick with HD but it was nice to revisit the past.

Lars

Closed Thread