Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Everything Else > The Conversation Pit

The Conversation Pit This is where EVERYTHING else goes. No subject is too mundane. How's the weather in your area? Did your kid cut his first tooth? Really, what do you think about the President? And don't get me started on Cummins and Duramaxes. Have at it!

Closed Thread

Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 12:02 PM
Your Mom's favorite :D

Grabber523 is on a distinguished road
Default Season Opener/Interstate Dragway, Sabin, MN

My goals for this season:
1. Destroy a Challenger
2. Pull the front wheels off the ground
3. Finally get the hell out of the 12s

Accomplished 1 and 2 in my first pass of the season...(listen to the announcer...he thinks I have a Shelby...*sigh*)

Another real good run ("lights him up" LOL!!)

Got knocked out in the first round of eliminations because I ran hot. Ran the water pump too long and needed a jump. Let the car run for about 15 minutes for fear of not being able to start it again, and just as I shut it off, they started staging us. Ran a 12.53 on my 12.35 dial. Did a buy back and ended up taking 2nd place in the "Grudge run" class of 1st and 2nd round losers. Would have won the loser bracket, but broke out by 8 THOUSANDTHS of a second against a mean @$$ Monte in the final. All in all a fun day out with the family.

Now, as far as breaking into the 11s...clearly I'm hooking up just fine this season. My best trap was 114.75, best e.t.was 12.29. 1.7 60's all day long, 7.8 @ 90 1/8 that you could set a clock to, but I CANNOT keep the steam up in the big end to get those 11.80s she has in her. I have to granny shift 1-2 but 2-3 and 3-4 I can shift under power. Any one have any suggestions? Discuss...even the seasoned veterans running the parachute cars were stumped...
Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 12:11 PM

We didn't bring the truck down yesterday, so momma didn't get to race it...although when we had to finish out the day on the "spare belt" (Sabin to Northwood is an hour and a half drive, and an even longer walk), we kinda wished we HAD brought the truck down...but she held together!
Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 08:24 PM

Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 10:33 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Been on one of those walks before from Marion. Lucky me! My dad and grandpa came to assist!

What's your rt's?

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nice films, Grabber. No suggestions from me though, this is not anything I know about.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, May 31st, 2009, 11:07 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Nice clips.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 06:15 AM

I had all .3X-.4X r/ts all day. They were having probelms with the electronics all day so I had to stage shallow and wait for green; I kept redlighting during qualifying launching like I did last season. I usually get .03-.04s...I'll get there again. Reaction time has nothing to do with my e.t. though...
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBFX4 View Post
Nice clips.
Thanks...sorry about the quality, we left the camera at home, so momma had to use her phone. Just figures, on a good race day that something like a camera would be so important...
Closed Thread