Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Baconator

BlackSTX is on a distinguished road
Default On its way!

Hurray!

Got my Evo out today, on it's way for an upgrade and tune.... Now I can't wait to get it back. I already miss the extra get up and go I had w/ the Evo, but with it not being programmed for mods, it's best I get it taken care now before I damage anything. Besides, what good is it if it isn't programmed to get the most out of what I already have?

Jack! You were absolutely right, I was probably already too lean. Taking a moment to turn off the radio and listen, I could already hear a hint of "ping" on both levels 3 and even 2! And that was with 91 octane in the tank and the timing backed off a couple degrees. I wasn't even running it hard either!

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on getting it converted, it sure does suck to take the programmer out of the truck.
Old Mon, June 1st, 2009, 04:04 PM
Baconator

Yeah, it does, but for now, it's not pinging. I also know when it comes back it will run even better, and it won't be pinging. Now I just wish I was able to have the money for the other things I wanted to be able to do to the truck.

Current mods: AEM Bruteforce CAI, Magnaflow SI/DO, Gryphon-87 & 93 tunes, Harley head lamps, tinted windows, lower grille filler, and FX2 lower valance.
Old Sun, July 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Baconator

Okay, I've had it for a week now.... I'm still happy!
Finally had a chance to get out on some twisty country roads today too. Man, is it fun to have a responsive vehicle again. It was great having throttle response, and not having to completely dump it coming out of turns to accelerate. Not only that, but not having the TC constantly unlocking everytime you so much as thought about stepping on the gas.
Additionally, after a week of combined driving, my mileage is still on the plus side too! Even with a few full throttle runs and some continuous low speed stop and go driving.

For anyone questioning on whether or not they should upgrade and add some tunes....Go for it! If I hadn't seen any increase in mileage, it would still be worth it just from the extra enjoyment you get from driving with it; but with a boost in mileage, it is an additional bonus 'cause it's going to pay for itself.