Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Upgrade your Evo

Upgrade your Evo Upgrade your Edge Evolution to a Gryphon Programmer to allow for custom tuning and additional functionality.

Due to issues with the cable failures due to incompatible versions of firmware, we do not offer upgrades
or tuning for the 1997-2003 F-Series gas or 7.3L diesel trucks. We recommend using another platform.

Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road
Upgrade complete!

Hey folks, I'm posting this both to give thanks and praise to Bill & Corey, and to also give some feedback to those considering the upgrade. My #1 suggestion: don't wait as long as I did! I bought an edge off a guy from another forum, and ran the canned tunes on my truck with my CAI and exhaust mods. At that point I felt like I was driving a brand new truck, but can hardly explain the difference now! Bill claimed he couldn't quiet my S&B and maybe I got lucky, but the drone is gone, and my truck doesn't sound like a sheep on steroids anymore under moderate load! The throttle response is a lot better and doesn't feel like there's such a "flat" spot or "play" in the throttle before the TQ unlocks or downshifts when needed. I love the shift points and feel behind the wheel. I was tickled pink with my edge, but I'm now estatic with my Gryphon!

If you're considering the upgrade, it's WELL worth it and the price for an upgrade is MORE than fair!

Thanks again Bill and Corey!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Sun, February 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM
working for parts.....

Northern Supercrew is on a distinguished road

Yep, they do great work.don't they????? i never have had any experience with the Edge...i'm glad to see most people enjoy it...i looked at getting one, but then heard about the Gryphon..and i was sold. But looking back, i kinda wish i could have tried one to see what i was missing. my former programmer was the Hypertech PP3. This is WAY better. Wife ran a Superchips in her old 00 expy, and it wasn't more noticeable than stock. Thanx for the comparison
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

I'm so glad you're happy with the tune, Neal, and it's always fun to get to meet customers face to face.

What Neal didn't mention is that he took us (Wil and Liam, too!) to a Gwinnett Gladiators hockey game Saturday night! We had such a good time with him and his buddy Kirk, and the Gladiators won! YAY! (We bumped into Billy's aunt and uncle in the arena as we were walking out -- we live 45 minutes away from each other and hadn't seen each other in over a year! Cool coincidence.) Thank you again!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, February 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Warranty Voider

Dixie Design is on a distinguished road

Hey we enjoyed it too!! Will have to hit another hockey game sometime, Kirk and I are coming up again for the game on the 22nd. Met a guy today with an Edge, put in the good word for ya'll.

Still loving my Gryphon, played around with Pegasus today. Claims I'm putting down 280HP, sounds a little high for an estimate, but I've got a dyno run scheduled to confirm or disprove!
Specs: 2004 4.6L SCAB | Gryphon Programmer 87 Performance | Magnaflow True Dual Exhaust - Rear Cat Delete | S&B CAI | Summit Underdrive Pulleys | Troyer eFans (ordered) | Smittybilt Bullbar | Procomp 6" Driving Lights | UWS Toolbox | Rhino Lining | Chrome Steprails | 2.5" Leveling Kit | 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT's
Vids: Magnaflow Startup & Revs - Interior Exhaust Sounds
Old Tue, May 5th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Whopper

DOD 4.6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post
Hey we enjoyed it too!! Will have to hit another hockey game sometime, Kirk and I are coming up again for the game on the 22nd. Met a guy today with an Edge, put in the good word for ya'll.

Still loving my Gryphon, played around with Pegasus today. Claims I'm putting down 280HP, sounds a little high for an estimate, but I've got a dyno run scheduled to confirm or disprove!
280hp @ the wheels!? i gotta get me some of them u/d pulleys lol
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Can't wait to see the dyno sheet. Let me know where you're at on that.

I've gotta get a set of pulleys for the Expy. I am also going to get a BlendMount to mount the Gryphon over the rear view mirror. Talk about cool!

http://www.blendmount.com

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Design View Post

BTW still getting a dyno scheduled?
I am just giving you some grief!
I know you have been really busy with the startups and everything.

Lars

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
Can't wait to see the dyno sheet. Let me know where you're at on that.

I've gotta get a set of pulleys for the Expy. I am also going to get a BlendMount to mount the Gryphon over the rear view mirror. Talk about cool!

http://www.blendmount.com

Take care.
That's pretty cool!

Now are you going to sell the extra long cable to get up there too?

Lars

Old Tue, May 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

The mount comes with the cable.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Wed, May 27th, 2009, 12:03 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Hungry View Post
The mount comes with the cable.
Just a note: pain in the but devices iPod touches and blackberrys don't let you see all that can be seen when clicking on a link.

Sorry about that Bill!

Lars