Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 08:06 AM
The Godfather of Power Stroke Tuning

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Whaddaya mean there's no on around to ask? You just have to ask in the right place.

To answer your question, the CAI tuning (and any other necessary tuning modification) is included as part of the $60.00 file charge.

BTW - Good deal on your used programmer.

Take care.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Bring back Windows™ XP and 7.
Windows™ Vista and Windows™ 8 is a pain in my a$$!
Windows™ 10 is only slightly less annoying!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Whopper

Toigs325 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Bill!!! And Happy Holidays

I am trying to figure out why I misfired twice under WOT the a couple weeks ago...kinda scared me considering it has never happened before, I have 54K, no lights were thrown, and I have had the CAI on for about 6 months with no problems.

Should I send the Edge straight to you or can I try it in the truck without worrying about blowing something up? Maybe just increase the WOT Fuel a bit? Play with it for a couple hours and send it to you?

Excited!
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 09:22 AM

Power Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud ofPower Hungry has much to be proud of

Based on the situation, I'd say that it kind of sounds like it was possibly a lean misfire. It's tough to say, though.

Get with me next week and we'll figure out what the best course of action is.

Thanks.

Power Hungry Performance - The ORIGINAL in Ford performance tuning... Since 1996!
(678) 890-1110

www.gopowerhungry.com - Home of the Hydra Chip, Minotaur Tuning Software, and the new Orion Reflash System for Navistar!

Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Whopper

Bill...one more thing

The Evo I got off of Ebay only comes with the mount, cable, and programmer. It does not come with the CD or computer cable...Do I need these to upgrade to the Gryphon? Can I buy the cable and download the CD elsewhere?
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

I dont think the older programmers came with CDs but any programs that would have been on in could also be found on the Edge website. If you plug it into your truck and all that stuff works you probably wont need the software, especially if you are getting it upgraded soon.

To upgrade the programmer you'll have to mail it to PHP.

The cable to connect the device to the computer is just a mini usb cable that seems to come with everything these days. If you dont have one laying around you can get a cheap one at any electronics store.
Old Tue, December 14th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Whopper

Excellent. Should I run the programmer in my truck for a hundred miles or so to allow it to download files based off of my truck? Does that matter? I am new to this whole thing
Old Wed, December 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM

The software is available form the website under the support page and the cable is standard USB Mini-B cable, like what you'd find on a digital camera or MP3 player.

You can run the device in the truck if you like, and it would actually be helpful as it would retrieve all the files necessary for updating.

Let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

(678) 890-1110

Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
Whopper

I was running lean. The shop hooked it up and checked the fuel trim/curve. The truck was adding 7% to compensate for running lean. The whole reason I got the intake was to improve my mileage and it looks like it just hurt it. I took the intake off and it doesn't misfire anymore. Just installed the Edge. My truck is now completely factory except for the edge and it runs good. Have only run the tow setting thus far and like the shifting/throttle response. Not a huge difference but it is noticeable. Not like a diesel though...obviously
Old Wed, December 22nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

That sucks but I guess not your options are either sell the K&N and do the gotts mod, then you could use one of the K&N drop in filters, or get Bill to upgrade your edge to a gryphon and write you some tunes to compensate correctly for the CAI. Did your mileage on paper change even though the engine was fueling that much more?