Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road
Default Gryphon in ashtray

So instead of using the provided dash mount for my Gryphon, I decided to custom rig it so it was in my flip-out ashtray. This way I can always leave it in my truck and whenever I park, you just fold the ashtray closed and can't even tell its there. So, heres my instructional:

First off remove the front wood panel (this is connected with 6 clips and can be removed using a flathead screwdriver carefully prying around the edges) and unhook all connections. Then, remove the ashtray by unscrewing the 2 bolts on each top corner. Take this out and using needle nose plyers, remove the clip on the bottom so you can take out actual ashtray set-up. Then, unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom of the ashtray. (Sorry, no pictures for that whole section...).

Now, take the end of the cord that connects to the Gryphon, and route it through the hole seen in the picture which is taken from looking into the hole where the wood panel was.

This is done by running it from the driver side by the pedals into this area.

Next, using a pocket knife or better yet a dremmel tool, make the hole on the bottom of the ashtray housing slightly larger so you can run the cord through it.

Then, somehow create a hole in the bottom of your ashtray. I used a pocketknife, but using something like a drill or dremmel tool would be MUCH faster.

Run the cable through this hole, rescrew the bottom section back onto the ashtray, and run the cable around the bottom and through the small hole that is between them.

Connect the Gryphon, pull the slack cable out, and put the whole ashtray assembly back together. Allow the spare cord to be in the area behind the panel. Put the ashtray back into its slot in the dash and bolt it in, and snap the wood panel back on. And your done...

Works great. Only complaint I have is the shifter is slightly in the way, but you can still see it just fine.

Hope this helps with ideas. Good luck.
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Nice work!

Why don't you post this over on F150Online in their Chips, Tuners.... forum too? I think it would get a warm reception.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

That's freakin' cool! Reps and $250 Gameroom cash for sharing such a great idea!

Love my Dremel, BTW. And for anyone who remembers what I received for my birthday last year, my table saw and every other goodie are still in the stinkin' boxes. Just haven't had time to get them out and build something yet. :sadface:

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light
Great idea and inginuity!!!!!!!
Ya, I can see the shifter getting in the way of seeing the gryphon. But the view should be better when in drive.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Tue, December 1st, 2009, 11:17 PM
The Eyes of TX R upon U!

bconnaway is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I already threw it on fordf150.net, so maybe some others will try this out and i can see how it works out for them.
Old Wed, December 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

JWBFX4 is on a distinguished road

nice job. creative.
Old Thu, December 3rd, 2009, 06:45 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Glad the idea worked out for ya.