Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon Programmer

Gryphon Programmer Edge Product has discontinued the Edge Evolution 2, but we still provide support and tuning for it.

If you have a question or comment relating the Gryphon (or Evolution) programmer, post it here.

Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 11:27 AM
Whopper

bowbuilder is on a distinguished road

Hi Bill, I didn't find a MPG in the list, lots of other stuff but no MPG.

Bob

Sorry I just found it, It is Avg Econ or inst Econ

Last edited by bowbuilder; Sun, December 21st, 2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 11:31 AM
AAA Rib Steak

Chris74 is on a distinguished road

I have FX4 gauges and have my gryphon LCD adjusted perfectly to match the little LCD temp display/odometer screen.........(I am a little anal and like things a certain way). I am happy with this and looks just right at night.
However you do make a good case that green digits on a black background would look very sharp!
Custom tunes
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbuilder View Post

Bob

Glad you found it! Guess we should have been more specific... :sadface: Isn't that funny when you have something so stuck in your head (like looking specifically for MPG) that you simply don't notice stuff like IMPG and AMPG? Happens to me ALL THE TIME -- can't see the forest for the trees. Great minds must think alike, Bob.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:05 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbuilder View Post

Bob

We have to blame it all on our Canadian friends. The new "metric" options don't quite translate to MPG. They'd be something like KPL (Kilometers Per Liter).

Of course, KPL doesn't work with the good old English System.

So, we have to be "generic". Ah, progress DOES bring MANY challenges! :sniffle:

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:11 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Corey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of lightCorey Cohron RIP is a glorious beacon of light

That's right, Jack! Thanks for reminding me! Bill DID make that change when he added the metric stuff. Crap! Now, I'll have to change it in the manual, too!

BTW, sometime in January, I hope to have all the manuals updated and posted on the website. I think I'll make them into stickies on the forum, too, so that they're easily accessible. Opinions? Anyone? Anyone? Dumb idea? Good idea? Waste of time?

(And I found a way to use the poop smiley! )

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 12:21 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy Chick View Post
That's right, Jack! Thanks for reminding me! Bill DID make that change when he added the metric stuff. Crap! Now, I'll have to change it in the manual, too!

BTW, sometime in January, I hope to have all the manuals updated and posted on the website. I think I'll make them into stickies on the forum, too, so that they're easily accessible. Opinions? Anyone? Anyone? Dumb idea? Good idea? Waste of time?

(And I found a way to use the poop smiley!
I think it's a good idea to have them in the forum too, Corey. I KNOW you're going through a lot of work to do them and I for one appreciate it a lot! I'm very unhappy with software and or hardware vendors that don't think it's important to maintain up to date information on their products. Good, clear instructions would solve so many problems, even if the instruction writing is not considered "sexy".

If you can stand it, I'll be happy to proofread them for you and give you feedback. I've personally found the BEST feedback comes from someone who is totally unfamiliar with the product (as I would be with the diesel programmers) and tries to make sense of what he is reading.

- Jack
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
If you can stand it, I'll be happy to proofread them for you and give you feedback. I've personally found the BEST feedback comes from someone who is totally unfamiliar with the product (as I would be with the diesel programmers) and tries to make sense of what he is reading.

- Jack
I may take you up on it, Jack.

Just a funny... when I wrote the manuals for the 6.4L and the F150s last year, I didn't have a clue. I used the Edge manuals as a starting point and when I didn't understand something, I asked Billy for help. I'm going to be going through that again with the 6.0L and the 7.3L.

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Corey,

I only have the Edge manual. Did you add any additional info in the Gryphon manual?

Actually, I'd like to have a Gryphon Manual anyways. How much?

Thanks,

John
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:06 PM
Wil and Liam's Mom

At this point, the information in both manuals are the same. Hopefully, next week I will have time to work on manuals for ALL the Gryphon programmers and add information about features like metrics and datalogging. I plan on posting the manuals on the website and the forum for download, but even if I wasn't there wouldn't be any charge 'cause we're good like dat!

Resting in Peace -
1969 - 2019
Old Sun, December 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM
Triple Whopper with Cheese

johnnyd will become famous soon enough

Cool. Then I'll just down load it whenever you get it finished.

Thanks