Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Whopper

Keeblerz28 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default P0480: Fan circuit failure after e-fan install

I installed an Troyer e-fan kit I bought from a buddy about a month ago or so, they're working fine. But last night I was kinda poking around with my Edge Evolution and decided to check for trouble codes, it gave me "P0480 Cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction". Obviously this is because I disconnected the factory fan along with its clutch assembly. My question is, do you sell maybe a little plug or something I can clip into the factory wiring harness maybe with a resistor or something to trick it? Or do you have any other suggestions to disable it, rather than having a permanent trouble code?

2008 F150 5.4L FFV XLT Supercrew 5.5' bed

-----------------------------------------------------------
Email response from Troyer Performance:

You are correct when saying that that code is from where you unplugged that fan. That code is what is considered a “soft” code and will not throw a check engine light. We do not have a plug to put into that harness, we just simply leave it alone. That code can only be found if someone scans for codes like you did. Having that trouble code is something that is not going to harm the vehicle in any way and is not going to affect the vehicles performance. Feel free to give me a call at the number listed below and I will be happy to discuss I further detail. Thanks for choosing Troyer Performance.

Glenn Thomas Jr.
Troyer Performance
540-965- 7126
GT@TroyerPerformance.com

Is it possible with a Gryphon and custom tunes from Bill to have the PCM ignore this DTC?
Old Thu, November 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know what others have done but I think they just ignore it.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.