Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Sun, July 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Whopper Junior

LTMARK is on a distinguished road
Default No Mods, Do I need custom tunes?

Hello, I purchased my gryphon used I rarely ever use anything other than 93 octane. I preformed the Gotts mod and bought a K&N drop in. I have tried different settings but usually leave it on the 93 performance tune. Other than that I have done no performance modifications. I was wondering if I should send in my gryphon for custom tuning, maybe a 93 towing? I am not sure if its worth it. Is there more to custom tuning than I am aware of? On my motorcycle I have a power comander, exhaust, and air cleaner installed, so the bike spent some time on a dyno getting dialed in. Is the custom tune the same way or is it just another generic file? Thanks
Old Mon, July 5th, 2010, 09:22 AM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If you can explain your needs and driving goals to Bill, you should be able to get a somewhat more "refined" tune with custom tuning. But, if you're happy with what you've got, Bill and Corey would be the first to tell you you don't need custom tuning.

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer