Power Hungry Performance Forum  

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Ford F-150, Expedition, Navigator, Blackwood, Mark-LT, SVT Lightning and H-D Editions > 2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT

2004 to 2008 F-150 and Mark-LT 4.2L, 4.6L and 5.4L equipped F-150s and Mark-LTs

Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
FORDFX

FORDRDRFX4LIFE is on a distinguished road
Default factory alarm issue

hello everyone was hoping someone knew how i can fix the alarm i changed my batterie and ever since did that my alarm would go off every few min so i had to set it to vallet mode for the time being i would take to the dealer but the one by my house says all dealers use diff alarms so i need to take to where i bought the truck and thats about an hour away so if any one can help that be great
2008 F150 FX4 BLACKED OUT 2.5" LEVELING KIT STAGE 2 AFE INTAKE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 TURN DWN 3" PIPE 285/65/R18 GRANETE ALLOY ULTRA BLACK MAGNUS RIMS WITH NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS..COMING SOON GRYPHON CUSTOM 91 TUNES
Old Wed, January 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM
PHP Groupie

Location: Among Elk, Deer and Javalinas on the Mogollon Rim in Aridzona
Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDRDRFX4LIFE View Post
hello everyone was hoping someone knew how i can fix the alarm i changed my batterie and ever since did that my alarm would go off every few min so i had to set it to vallet mode for the time being i would take to the dealer but the one by my house says all dealers use diff alarms so i need to take to where i bought the truck and thats about an hour away so if any one can help that be great
Sorry, mine only has the "passive anti-theft" capability. I don't know anything about a dealer installed alarm. Isn't there some kind of user manual with maybe, a troubleshooting guide?

- Jack

2014 F150 Platinum SCrew 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 with SCT programmer
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 08:37 AM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Was it an aftermarket alarm system installed by a dealer?
Do you have any manuals on it?
If its an after market installed on the truck the back up battery may need replacing. Its located in the alarm processor box.
Or.
It may need to go through a reset procedure due to the electrical system being worked on.

God doesn't have a Facebook but he's my friend.
God doesn't have a twitter, but I follow him.
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM
FORDFX

it is a aftermarket alarm instaled at the dealer when i purchaed the vehicle. where would the prossesor box be located? thnx for the help.
2008 F150 FX4 BLACKED OUT 2.5" LEVELING KIT STAGE 2 AFE INTAKE FLOWMASTER SERIES 40 TURN DWN 3" PIPE 285/65/R18 GRANETE ALLOY ULTRA BLACK MAGNUS RIMS WITH NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS..COMING SOON GRYPHON CUSTOM 91 TUNES
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 05:02 PM
PHP Groupie

Jackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to allJackpine is a name known to all

If it's a 2008 truck, and the dealer installed the alarm, it should still be under warranty. I would take it to the dealer and have him fix the problem. ANYTHING you do will probably void the warranty!

- Jack
Old Thu, January 7th, 2010, 10:36 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light88Racing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandJanet View Post
If it's a 2008 truck, and the dealer installed the alarm, it should still be under warranty. I would take it to the dealer and have him fix the problem. ANYTHING you do will probably void the warranty!

- Jack
I totally agree with Jack on bringing back to the dealer who installed it.
The only problem I forsee is that if it's aftermarket the warranty only might be limited to a year since it's an add on. But you won't know that until you call or bring the truck there.

Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 09:02 AM
PHP Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Racing View Post
I totally agree with Jack on bringing back to the dealer who installed it.
The only problem I forsee is that if it's aftermarket the warranty only might be limited to a year since it's an add on. But you won't know that until you call or bring the truck there.
I THINK, most dealer installed things are covered by the "bumper to bumper" warranty, but perhaps not.

Regardless, none of us know anything about the alarm system you have and for you to find the problem yourself is kind of like playing "tag" in the dark - you may "grab" something you're not supposed to.

- Jack
Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 04:38 PM
FORDFX

yea il take the 1 hour drive to the the dealer and have them fix it thnx
Old Fri, January 8th, 2010, 10:41 PM
SENIOR MODERATOR

I wasn't by any means trying to dodge your question of where the security brain was located.
The installer could have mount it anywhere they wanted to.
Every installer is different along with the brand of system they put in.
Some of the common areas are:
Up under the dash by the steering column.
Behind the glove box.
In the counsel shift tunnel.
Under any of the seats.
In the engine bay.
So I could of had you searching for hours and pulling your hair out looking for it.
I really didn't want to do that.
Whoever the tech is that works on it, have them show you some of the ins and outs of the alarm system.

Old Thu, January 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM
FORDFX

fixed it thnx