Power Hungry Performance Forum Truck Mod Central

Visit dYgYtAl Radio!

Go Back   Power Hungry Performance Forum > Power Hungry Performance Product Information > Gryphon™ CS and CTS Programmer

Gryphon™ CS and CTS Programmer Post here if you have a question or comment about the Gryphon CS (Color Screen) or CTS (Color Touch Screen) Programmer.

It is with regret that we are announcing that we will no longer be offering custom tuning for the Edge CS and CTS after December 31, 2012. Since the CS and CTS were released, we have tried to work around some of the limitations of Fusion (Edge internet update software) to help our customers that use our custom tunes. Unfortunately, Fusion was not designed to accommodate custom tuning and so this has been on ongoing struggle for us and our customers. We have asked Edge to modify this software and Edge is willing to have one of their engineers redesign the Fusion software to accommodate our custom tunes. However, after evaluating the size and scope of that project, we have decided that, at this time, we are not in a financial position to make that investment.

Several times a week, we are contacted by frustrated customers who either have had difficulty with their download or are under the impression that we have simply forgotten about them. In most cases, however, their tunes have been uploaded, but upon connecting to Fusion, they were overwritten by a more recent device update. Due to the way Fusion is written, the customer has no indication that the custom tunes existed on Edge’s server because nothing appears on the screen to let them know what changes were made to their programmer. Also, because of the “one-click” update method used by Fusion, the user has no choice as to whether or not a regular device update is applied or their custom tunes are downloaded.

An even bigger problem is that every time a device update is released and a customer connects their programmer to Fusion, any custom tunes on the device are wiped out and then we are contacted by the customer in regards to re-uploading their custom tunes. Unfortunately, with nearly every update, custom tunes have to be rewritten to work with the latest file structure changes Edge has made. As you can imagine, this is terribly time consuming with customers sometimes having to wait weeks or months before their tunes can be rewritten and reloaded because there are so many customers in queue!

We have conservatively estimated that about 80% of our office time is spent dealing with Fusion update issues. The majority of phone calls and customer complaints we receive and read on the forums are about receiving custom tunes for the CS and CTS. Recently, with multiple Fusion updates over a period of weeks, we are just not able to keep up with this. Since there is no simple, immediate solution to these issues, the time has come for us to focus our attention on other products and projects so that we can provide all of our customers with the quality of service we believe they deserve.

We will, of course, support all existing custom tuning customers, as we will still have access to Edge’s Fusion software. If, for any reason, this situation should change, we will continue to keep everyone informed. We will also continue to serve as Edge dealers, as we believe highly in the quality of their hardware products.

Thank you in advance for understanding, as this was not an easy decision for us to make.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU CONNECT TO FUSION FOR EDGE'S LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE, YOU WILL ERASE YOUR CUSTOM TUNES!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Whopper Junior

mcsquid86 is on a distinguished road
Default Can I do a hard reset on my CS?

I bought my cs from a guy on craigslist. He used it for about a month and was upgrading to cts. The first problem with it was edge had a vin writing error on some 7.3 models. So he arranged for fusion to download a older version firmware. I went through putting my vin # in and it ran fine minus a economy level in the programming.
I sent them a e-mail asking if they fixed the vin writing error. He said they did. so I hit factory reset and took it back to stock mode and downloaded they latest firmware from fusion. I still don't have the economy mode. Also when I go into my info category it's not even my vin number or milage.
I would love to do a hard reset and start all over with my vin #. thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Whopper Junior

mcsquid86 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to waste your time, but I just seen and edge's website that the 7.3 only has the 4 programming modes, so It doesn't matter what vin number is in there. Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Forum Predator

Longshot270 will become famous soon enough

Don't worry, problem and solution threads are very handy.