Thread: Yes, it's a Powerstroke

Default Yes, it's a Powerstroke

Just getting some action in the forum.

Build pictures on request.

I would make sweet love to that truck while whispering innocent yet demoralizing phrases into it's exhaust.

- - - Updated - - -

and YES!! Build pictures!!
    Janitorial Operations Expert
    Senior PITA

678-890-1110

How it began:

Moved the engine forward five inches so firewall modifications weren't necessary:

2002 Frame and 1973 Frame side by side:

Front cab mount relocation:

A SuperDuty regular cab's wheelbase is four inches longer than an older pickup; fixed that:

Initial cab-on-frame:

Mmmmm. Hydroboost:

Sitting pretty:

Wiring. What I DIDN'T use and what I ended up with:

Here comes the REAL fun!!!:

SuperDuty core support, fan, and radiator grafted into the original header panel as well as custom intercooler (OEM wouldn't fit behind grille) :

Driving (I had a few hundred miles on it at this point):

Bodywork, primer, and paint:

More to follow. Interior, etc. I have to take those pictures this morning. I can't leave well enough alone so I have put in a few extra things.

Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday I installed a VHAE9J2 PCM in it as well (just like the white 2000) just because I can......although both of them can be switched to any E99-03 PCM within less than a minute without any other changes.

This one will get 100% nozzles on the AD injectors one of these days.

I also forgot to say that everything works except the air conditioning (no room for the condenser); the cruise control, the ESOF, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cleatus12r View Post
    I also forgot to say that everything works except the air conditioning (no room for the condenser)
    Damn that's a shame, but oh well. Given how she looks (and runs, I'm sure), it's a small price to pay to the truck gods.

gopowerhungry.com
    (678) 890-1110

I can't stop staring. Bill had to come mop up the drool. That has to be one of the sexiest trucks I've ever, EVER seen. Insanely impressive, Cody!

Angela Cohron
    Power Hungry Performance
    Director of Resource Distribution
    Head Ninja in Charge

As of today:

Besides the ESOF controller in the vent, the low-reading tachometer, ratchet shifter, and bucket seats with cupholders in the center console, it looks pretty stock. Yeah, no radio either.
    All of the instrumentation works (I used a Dakota Digital VSS-to-cable speedometer drive that works flawlessly) and since there was no room for the windshield washer reservoir anymore I used the washer button as the TCS (OD off) button. Believe it or not, although the steering wheel is from a 1981 van (had to have a resume button that the 78-79 pickups didn't have), all of the button resistances are identical to the 2002 vehicles. The only thing I didn't have was a 12v constant (two wires vs. three) so the "ON" button is remotely mounted.

The tricky part was welding a 1973 fuel sending unit to the 2002 mount in the tank. The resistances are WAY different!

Very cool stuff there, Cody. I must say though, you have WAAAAAAAAAY too much time on your hands. LOL

gopowerhungry.com
    (678) 890-1110

HAD. Good thing I finished it before the girlfriend came about.

HEY CODY!!! When did you manage to get that truck done? that took you less than 2 years? haha great to see you again.