Thread: Question about Gauge Pod Hydra Selector

Founding Member

Default Question about Gauge Pod Hydra Selector

I love my Hydra and the No Start feature of putting the Hydra controller in "NS" and removing the controller until returning to the truck.
    I was looking at buying the Gauge Pod Hydra Selector but was wondering how this works with the pod. I definitely wouldn't want to put that in my pocket while walking around.
    Would there be a way to splice into the controllers wires to put a hidden toggle switch that could be spliced into either the power or ground wire of the controller to prevent the gauge pod from powering up allowing a thief from being able to simply changing the selection to a number and driving away?

thank
    Matt

Default Re: Question about Gauge Pod Hydra Selector

Matt,

You know, this is something we had not really considered in regards to using the gauge pod switch. I suppose it's quite feasible to add a toggle switch to the ribbon cable assembly that would kill the gauge pod and rendering unable to change positions out of the NS position. I have a good idea how to make this work and I'll take a look at this and talk with the gauge manufacturer and see what options we have to implement this function.

Thanks for the suggestion/idea!

gopowerhungry.com
    (678) 890-1110

Founding Member

Default Re: Question about Gauge Pod Hydra Selector

That would be awesome if you could get it to work. I've been working on a mount for the standard rectangle that might solve all my problems but a toggle switch would be awesome

Default Question about Gauge Pod Hydra Selector

Ah, sorry I didnt notice you said that. Copy the stock selector back and dont overwrite slot 0? :-