Thread: No Start HELP

PHP Member

Default No Start HELP

Base
    Batteries are strong.
    New HPOP but pre filled rails and HPOP reservoir
    Pre filled the fuel system, also pumps running.
    New PIS injectors singe stage, "Possible they sent me split shots, would it still start"? AD code on solenoids.
    Checked ICP and CPS connections
    ECM is connected
    Prongs in ECM should be clean just pulled my TS chip and it worked fine. I really cleaned this well before on TS chip install.

Corey "CNC" set my up with a new Hydra and 6 programs. Lights up and I can switch between setting, Key On the Hydra rolls through the PP HH symbol them stops on the setting I have it on. 4 which is a 25hp heavy tow.
    How can I tell if the programs sent down loaded ok onto the chip? I printed off the file after the down load. Shows HYDRA serial number and Firmware Version on printed copy.

I've been cranking this for 2 hrs. Really need this back for work tomorrow. It 85deg out and I plugged the block heater in just to help it out.

Questions for elimination or thoughts?

Brian

Default Re: No Start HELP

Hey Brian,
    I hate to hear about the issues you are having. Have you tried to remove the Hydra and start your truck without a chip installed yet?

If it is easier for you, you can call our office at 678-890-1110 and once of our techs would be happy to give you a hand.
    Janitorial Operations Expert
    Senior PITA

678-890-1110

PHP Member

Default Re: No Start HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@PHP View Post
    Hey Brian,
    I hate to hear about the issues you are having. Have you tried to remove the Hydra and start your truck without a chip installed yet?

If it is easier for you, you can call our office at 678-890-1110 and once of our techs would be happy to give you a hand.
    I never saw the response thank you, I think my issues lye else where. My truck ran great before doing the Hydra single shot chip conversion and the single shot injectors. I've been working on this for 3 months now. My brain is fried, I've worn poor Corey Hurt out as well with emails and calls. I'm am at a loss, I can run a jumper to the IPR which is a new "motorcraft", dead head the lines and it will build over 4k psi. I have new PIS injectors and don't think the loss in pressure is there. It will start cold but its a long crank, maybe 15 seconds, hot sometimes it will start "rarely" but takes multiple cranks and several minutes with a charger hooked up. Air pressure tested the common rails individually and loose a bit of air but David at PIS doesn't think that's enough loss to cause the issue. There is crank pressure when warm with just the PCM controlling the IPR but the pressure rarely jumps past 450 when engine is hot cranking. Running IPR "mechanical gauge" pressure is idle 650-700. Rap the throttle easy 2k psi.
    Once shut off forget starting until the next day or tons of charging, and a small ether hit.

New Ford IPR, ICP, CPS. Terminator 500, PIS 160/30 sticks. Runs decent when up to temp but not what it felt like when stock. Stock would have killed this power wise with my 60HP setting.

I can run the Hydra through all setting when running up and down even while driving so I think I've ruled out the programmer.
    Just at a complete loss as to why it wont start hot.

Yesterday added a new issue, check engine light no codes, I assume the code is in the IDM since I can't read them with my Actron or my Diablo scanners.

Also a new KC turbo 38R

Thoughts are welcome.