Thread: Truck was totaled. Programmer stuck on tune and cannot return tuner to stock.

Default Truck was totaled. Programmer stuck on tune and cannot return tuner to stock.

Hey everyone,

As the title says, I was T-boned last month and the F150 I was running the gryphon on was totaled. After the insurance deemed the truck a loss I stripped all my custom parts off of it, one being the Gryphon tuner. The only problem is the tuner is locked at level 2 and I cannot return it to stock because I no longer have the truck. Can anyone point me in the direction of getting it reset completely? I have tried to reset it using the Fusion software and Pegasus, both which give me errors and inform me that I need to turn it back to stock before I can unlock it.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Default Re: Truck was totaled. Programmer stuck on tune and cannot return tuner to stock.

PHP can reset your programmer. Call them Monday. I believe there will be a fee to do this, but it's better than having a paperweight.

The other unfortunate news is that the custom tunes you had on it will not work on a replacement truck. However, you CAN have new tunes written for the new vehicle, provided it's from a model year that your programmer supports.

- Jack
    2014 F150 Platinum 4x4 SCrew 3.5L Ecoboost

Default Re: Truck was totaled. Programmer stuck on tune and cannot return tuner to stock.

Thanks for the information! Would I have to send the tuner in to PHP to have them do this or is this something which can be done remote using the software?

-Ryan

Hi Ryan - I'm not positive, but I believe it's a software update that Bill has to create especially for your programmer that is applied using Pegasus. If that is true, you will not have to send it anywhere. But, Bill MAY have to read files on it (through Pegasus) to return it to stock. Pegasus is a 2-way app that can communicate with PHP.

- Jack