Thread: Any love for 2013 Expedition 5.4l 3V?

Founding Member

Default Any love for 2013 Expedition 5.4l 3V?

As stated in title, any love/tunes for the 5.4l 3v in a 2013 Expedition? I picked one up and am enjoying it so far. It just wouldn't seem right to not at least look into availability of tunes.

Default Re: Any love for 2013 Expedition 5.4l 3V?

I checked at the SCT website. The SCT X4 7015 tunes a 2013 5.3L 3V Expedition.
    SCT link
    https://www.sctflash.com/Products/un...3F97BFD7189DC1

The SCT X4 comes loaded with tunes for various vehicles.
    I'm not sure how many vehicles it can tune but I think this is the same model I helped my cousin purchase for his 2013 F250.

PHP sells them at this link https://store.gopowerhungry.com/en/p...25-sct-x4.html for $399 current price.
    They list the SCT with 3 custom tunes for $499 here. https://store.gopowerhungry.com/en/p...tom-tunes.html
    Or you can purchase custom tunes individually for $50.

I'd say hit them up on the phone, email, or facebook for questions about custom tuning your Expedition as the forum hasn't had much traffic lately.

You sound like me, hard to leave things stock.

Come back and give us an update on what you decided and how it worked out for you.

Good luck!
    2001 F250 4x4 Lariat crew cab short bed. PHP Hydra, RRD Billet Wheel, Turbo Master Wastegate Controller, 4" Magnaflow SS exhaust, EBPV delete, DIY 6637, AIH delete, Edge Insight for gauges, RRD Plenum Inserts, Updated Boots, rebuilt Trans, billet TC, Transgo Tugger kit
    +65 Falcon drag car with 289

Founding Member

Looked into the X4. I think it covers a lot of vehicles with the canned tunes. As normal, I'm sure custom tunes would be a noticeable improvement over canned. NOT modding is hard to do, but the funny money isn't as freely(or silly haha) spent anymore. Married and kid(S)(plural in a few weeks at most) need reliability high in importance. I suppose I should do the basics first, such as fluids, plugs and boots since it has 98k with not a lot of work history. Maintenance/oil changes I'm sure were kept fairly well as it was a sheriff's vehicle.

I'm selling out the fairly modded diesel and went to this to free up a land/house down payment. Going to be hard to keep it COMPLETELY stock....

Bill recommended the X4 for my buddy's 2013 diesel even with the canned tunes. He's happy with what it did for him.

I'd say give PHP a call and ask them about custom tunes. Maybe a little fun money will show up when you sell the diesel.

Stay away from K&N style filters. I hate that "upgrade". I've had a few and they always let some dust through causing MAF sensor issues down the road.

Congrats on the baby #2!
    2001 F250 4x4 Lariat crew cab short bed. PHP Hydra, RRD Billet Wheel, Turbo Master Wastegate Controller, 4" Magnaflow SS exhaust, EBPV delete, DIY 6637, AIH delete, Edge Insight for gauges, RRD Plenum Inserts, Updated Boots, rebuilt Trans, billet TC, Transgo Tugger kit
    +65 Falcon drag car with 289